See on the "internet", they got this "code" stuff and it's really cool, but you need to remember to "close" your "tags" or else you'll "fuck-up" the rest of your "website."

Posted by j.lee on November 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM · Report this
I'm guessing people in Seattle know what he's talking about? Fill me in.

Love,
Your East Coast Friend
Posted by TimesTwo on November 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM · Report this
bedipped 3
Posted by bedipped on November 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM · Report this
@1: "Fixed." Now "take" a "Xanax" or a "nap" or something already, "jeez."
Posted by Anna Minard on November 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 5
I have no Idea what he's talking about. But that sweet lady is a Christian, I know that. Amen, let us drink.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on November 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM · Report this
TimesTwo, she's in a commercial about McKenna fighting a twelve cent increase in the minimum wage. She's pretty fierce and she's got a great voice.
Posted by Mugwumpt on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM · Report this
Go Voters! On another note...
For a few reasons I prefer to not give to the Red Cross, other than a pint here and there. Anyone remember the name or have an idea of the - I want to say shelter- for LGTBQ kids in New York City that was positively mentioned in SLOG in the past? I'd rather send my donation to an organization like that.
Posted by Suzy Greenberg on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM · Report this
@6 got it, thanks. I assumed it was a campaign ad you guys were seeing, but was totally confused.
Posted by TimesTwo on November 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM · Report this
Ali Forney Center for Gay Youth in NYC! THey could really use your funding!
Posted by doubtroub on November 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM · Report this
Wrote and recorded a PSA for Ali Forney yesterday. Up soon!
Posted by Dan Savage on November 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM · Report this
Corylea 11
Who the heck is she?
Posted by Corylea http://corylea.com/ on November 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM · Report this
@4 Anna -

Not fixed as of 1:59pm
Posted by lotus eater on November 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM · Report this
Matt from Denver 13
@ 4, no, it isn't. Not on the main page, anyway.

@ 11, click the link.
Posted by Matt from Denver on November 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM · Report this
@7 http://www.aliforneycenter.org/

Their drop-in center got mashed by the hurricane. Please help.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on November 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM · Report this
NotSean 15
My cyberworld has been entirely italicized.
Posted by NotSean on November 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM · Report this
It looks so emphatic.
Posted by LMcGuff http://holyoutlaw.livejournal.com/ on November 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM · Report this
That just means it's special. Or the title of the movie based on the blog.

@4: I'm sorry. I know it's been a stressful day and I didn't take slog's feelings into account before I posted my comment, which could've just pointed out the error without the attitude. I apologize.
Posted by j.lee on November 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM · Report this
Matt the Engineer 18
Check out the King County Live Election Cams. My favorite is ballot opening - it's like that scene in Willy Wonka of factory workers opening chocolate bars. I'm waiting for someone to stand up and scream "I found the golden ticket!"
Posted by Matt the Engineer on November 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM · Report this
I love that woman, too! Twelve cents, indeed.
Posted by NotYourStrawMan on November 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM · Report this
34x42 20
i haven't watched tv with commercials in a couple years.

it's been lovely not seeing one second of one political commercial this season.
Posted by 34x42 on November 6, 2012 at 2:37 PM · Report this
@7 and others looking for places to donate besides the Red Cross:

The Occupy movement is helping out in Red Hook and Staten Island. You can donate supplies through Amazon - search on "Occupy Sandy and Occupy Sandy's Wedding Registry." Or see http://interoccupy.net/occupysandy/
Posted by EricaP on November 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM · Report this
You guys, there's a link in the article. And I completely agree with Dan. I will miss this lady.

Posted by beef rallard on November 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM · Report this
Thanks, sent what I could to the Ali Forney Center.
Fingers crossed for the rest of the night.
Posted by Suzy Greenberg on November 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM · Report this
@23, hope your head is not still caved in
Posted by California on November 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM · Report this
chromie 25
Hehe, yes! The people before are like, twelve cents. Twelve cents. & she's like -TWELVE CENTS-.
Posted by chromie http://www.facebook.com/kildabunny on November 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM · Report this
Corylea 26
@13, There wasn't any link when I posted; the link was added later.

Posted by Corylea http://corylea.com/ on November 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM · Report this
I made my donation to Ali Forney in honor of Dan.
Posted by california reader on November 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM · Report this
I know this has nothing to do with the post, but I just wanna let you know, Dan, that I'm really hoping gay marriage passes in Washington, not just for ideological reasons, but because I want Terry to be your Husband-in-Canada, Husband-In-America! You guys are definitely in my thoughts tonight!!!
Posted by ThetaSigma on November 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM · Report this
BEG 29
Yes, the Ali Forney center was devastated by the superstorm and could really use donations. I sent mine in a few days ago.
Posted by BEG http://twitter.com/#!/browneyedgirl65 on November 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM · Report this
smajor82 30
@1 No need to be a snarky douche about it.
Posted by smajor82 on November 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM · Report this