zombie eyes 2
I heard Amy Goodman play a clip of Billo Riley spouting this meme on election night. The people who voted for Obama "want stuff", was the way he put it.
Wall Street bankers, Halliburton, the oil companies, big pharma, big ag, the military industrial complex....they don't want stuff apparently.
Posted by zombie eyes on November 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 3
I voted for Obama to get a pony on my birthday. He promised me.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on November 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM · Report this
bbilly 4
What about people like me who work swing shift? Are photos aren't good enough for ya? ;)
Posted by bbilly on November 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM · Report this
bbilly 5
What about people like me who work swing shift? Our photos aren't good enough for ya? ;)
Posted by bbilly on November 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM · Report this
Asparagus! 6
I'm a disgruntled Obama voter who gets to work before noon, but as a minor member of the global climate hoax, I don't think I count.
Posted by Asparagus! on November 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM · Report this
MacCrocodile 7
I did oversleep today, but you can blame an alarm made in Asia.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on November 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM · Report this
Dominic Holden 8
@4) Yes, send them!
Posted by Dominic Holden on November 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM · Report this
I have a job, voted for Obama, and couldn't sleep 'til noon if I tried -- like a lot of people. But to be fair to Cal, I did skip out of work a little bit early last Friday...
Posted by davidcon on November 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM · Report this
I'm an Obama voter, business owner, and I don't get out of bed until after noon because most days, I work until 4am anyway.
Posted by Blackchurch on November 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM · Report this
SRJ 13
I'm a flight attendant doing all-nighters. I work UNTIL noon!
Posted by SRJ on November 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM · Report this
I'm sick of people who get enough sleep or sleep late being portrayed as lazy. You know what? I sleep till 11am, work till 11pm most days. I get my best creative work done in the evening, and I like to hang out late at night. I love sleeping and I love working. Fuck you.
Posted by Laura Lynn on November 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM · Report this
Jason74 15
If I'm sleeping 'till noon, it's because I was working past midnight.

And Republicans wonder why we think they're all twats?
Posted by Jason74 on November 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 16
i'm black, so whatever i do automatically doesn't count.
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on November 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM · Report this
Rob in Baltimore 17
I'm at work at least by 8AM, often earlier, and work until 5 or 6 PM. When required, I'm often called in at any hour of the day.
Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on November 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 18
Union gub'mint layabout here. Celebrating Veteran's Day holiday by staying home in my PJ's and listening to music. First beer coming up soon.

But normally on Monday I'd be up by 4:45 to cycle to work. I work ten hours a day helping your gub'mint fix your roads, street lights, and other infrastructure. Last night I was up til bedtime cooking a weeks' worth of lunches & dinners.

I can't tell if I'm a moocher or not.
Posted by Dr_Awesome on November 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM · Report this
keshmeshi 20
All this reminds me of the morning after I graduated from high school. I was sleeping in, because duh, and a Jehovah's witness came to the door at around 9 a.m. I came to the door in my pj's and robe, and he asked me, very concerned, if I was sick. The idea of a teen sleeping in on the first day of summer break escaped him apparently.

And, if I had my druthers, I'd stay up until 3 a.m. and sleep in 'til 11 a.m. or noon. That's the natural cycle I fall into whenever I have an extended vacation or when I'm unemployed for more than a few weeks.
Posted by keshmeshi on November 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM · Report this
Rob in Baltimore 21
Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on November 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM · Report this
MrBaker 22
Send Cal the Blue state (tax contributing) / Red state (tax sucking) map.
Posted by MrBaker http://manywordsforrain.blogspot.com/ on November 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM · Report this
very bad homo 23
I didn't start my own business, I took one over after managing it for 7 years, and here I am almost 10 years later, working 8 hours on a holiday. Screw you, Republicans.
Posted by very bad homo on November 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM · Report this
keshmeshi 24
@23,

I haven't had Veterans Day off since high school. No one other than banks, government institutions, and maybe some unionized, private workplaces take the day off.
Posted by keshmeshi on November 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM · Report this
fletc3her 25
I wanted to post, but I slept in. :)

Nah, actually I spent the morning at the dentist and am now at work because I am a partner in a business and we don't really get days off. I was up until midnight last night debugging cloud server problems.
Posted by fletc3her on November 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM · Report this
wilbur@work 26
Dr. DJ Riz FTW

Dr. Awesome -- thanks for doing what you do. Please have another beer on behalf of us other layabout working stiffs.
Posted by wilbur@work on November 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM · Report this
DavidG 27
Make a tumblr with them all! This should get meme-ified and unleashed from the confines of individual slog posts, like It Gets Better was.
Posted by DavidG http://portableshrines.com on November 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM · Report this
How is this even a meme? It's not like you can judge a person's productivity based on how early they wake up. Not everyone is on a 9-5 work schedule.
Posted by catsinpants on November 12, 2012 at 11:28 PM · Report this