Sargon Bighorn 2
Is Ref 74 REALLY passing with 64%?
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on November 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM · Report this
stinkbug 3
Where do I go to simply see the % of votes counted by county? In the past it was easier to see this, but now it's more hidden or I'm just dumber.
Posted by stinkbug on November 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM · Report this
Posted by Gordon Werner on November 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM · Report this
stinkbug 6
@3: That pages shows percentages of Yes/No, not the % of votes counted.

I guess I was looking for the @4 link, although I think I was on that page earlier, I guess I forgot about it.
Posted by stinkbug on November 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM · Report this
pfffter 7
@3 I hear ya. I can't find it either.

@5 this does not show the % of precincts reporting by county so we don't know which counties still have outstanding totals to report.
Posted by pfffter on November 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM · Report this
pfffter 8
@4 awesome. teaches me to ignore unregistered comments!
Posted by pfffter on November 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM · Report this
While this delay is small in the grand scheme of things, it's stuff like this that erodes confidence in our voting systems.

Seriously, an excuse about "volume" should never be an excuse for our election systems. These things should be over-engineered. We should be over-prepared, not barely prepared.

And, I watch other States count votes overnight. Why can't we do this?

Yes, I'm an elections geek. ;-p
Posted by Timothy http://www.moreperfect.org on November 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM · Report this
originalcinner 10
My vote hasn't been counted yet. They received and verified it days ago. I'm really not impressed, when the rest of the country has been counted.
Posted by originalcinner on November 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM · Report this
@9 Feel free to find the money in the county budget for more machines and workers.
Posted by decidedlyodd on November 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM · Report this
@11… if we need to raise taxes we need to raise taxes. If we can't count votes in a confident way, that should be job one of Government.
Posted by Timothy http://www.moreperfect.org on November 7, 2012 at 5:46 PM · Report this
Geni 13
Part of the issue is that ballots are valid if POSTMARKED by Election Day, not received. They're still receiving ballots, let alone trying to count the backlog. I think they're doing a great job compared to prior years.
Posted by Geni on November 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM · Report this
@13…none of which is a surprise. This is expected. Long in advance. Over engineer. Over prepare.
Posted by Timothy http://www.moreperfect.org on November 7, 2012 at 6:40 PM · Report this
emor 15
@14

Armchair bureaucrat is on the case!
Posted by emor on November 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM · Report this
LQ 16
@10 That is all you will ever know, tracking stops at signature verification. There are no unique identifiers on your ballot within the security envelope. (At least for now.)
Posted by LQ on November 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM · Report this