Why, yes, a frog's ass is waterproof --- which was why psycho-boy, George W. Bush, used to stuff firecrackers up their poor, miserable butts, instead of water.

McKenna will never be able to dance this good:

(The flag is Tibetan....)
Posted by sgt_doom on November 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM · Report this
My southern boyfriend says he lost it at "Jesus loves you" which is about the 4th phrase uttered. So I say this is a success.
Posted by moosefan on November 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM · Report this
mr. herriman 3
my dear mother, rest her sweet soul, was from alabama and she had a thousand phrases.

"lord, there was a bee in this kitchen so big you coulda put a saddle on it!"

"i'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger with an itch!"

"she tore out of here like moody's goose!"

and of course all the standards: to high heaven, somethin' fierce, land sakes!

oh, and all the girls in the world were called lucy.

i miss her so much.
Posted by mr. herriman on November 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM · Report this
mr. herriman 4
and fixin'. she was always fixin' to do something :)
Posted by mr. herriman on November 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM · Report this
NW Ohio has had folks spouting "colorful ruralisms", too. Our old neighbor in Maumee, Ohio, used to remark, "That do beat a chicken peckin' on a board."
Posted by Bloke on November 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM · Report this
mr. herriman 6
@Bloke - I LOVE IT
Posted by mr. herriman on November 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM · Report this
Now that was "finer than frog hair"..... Language is indeed rich and expressive in te South. Figuratively speaking such language is "scarce as hens teeth" in northern climes... BTW, not ALL" bears shit in the woods".... A polar bear would die of constipation looking for a tree...;-D
Posted by pupuguru http://www.godsweed.org on November 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM · Report this
If something is unexpectedly closed, my friend Leslie Dean from Arkansas says, "It was shut up tighter than Dick's hatband."
Posted by Bethany Jean Clement on November 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM · Report this
I never lived in the South, but my daddy was from Oklahoma and my mama was from Arkansas. About 50% of these were said all the time in our house.... I had to share this with all the relatives....
Posted by bareboards on November 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM · Report this
Mittens Schrodinger 10
Yep, I had a boyfriend from Texarkana who said this all the time, but it was
"Is a frog's ass watertight?"
Posted by Mittens Schrodinger on November 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM · Report this
Stiny 11
"Gawd bless the pig!" - A, my redneck friend, in reference to all things pork related

"The devil's beatin' his wife" - when it's simultaneous rain and sunshine

"I got the 'itis." (pronounced Ah-tiss) referring to food comas

"I'm fixin' to go..." - any task or action in the immediate future

Ah, Tallahassee. More like Talla-nasty.
Posted by Stiny on November 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM · Report this