Allyn 1
Oh, I remember this. This is a letter for which I'd love to see a follow-up.
Posted by Allyn on November 13, 2012 at 12:53 PM · Report this
very bad homo 2
Geeze, buy new ones.
Posted by very bad homo on November 13, 2012 at 1:01 PM · Report this
@2 I agree, but the costs can add up. A basic silicon toy starts at $80 - $100. It takes time and money to build up a collection. The alternative is probably-toxic cheap toys. So the issue of dividing toys should probably be done on an economic level -- try to estimate how much it all cost, and divvy it up on cost as much as possible. Maybe take turns picking toys until a dollar amount is reached.
Posted by wxPDX on November 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM · Report this
I guess they'd get dusty if they were washed and then not used, but if they were frequently used and washed, or infrequently used and then not washed, I don't think they'd get dusty.
Posted by Ivan on November 13, 2012 at 6:10 PM · Report this
LW's word choice is telling here, though I could be reading a little bit too much into it: "I left the sex toys I knew were hers and took the rest".

LW specifically only left the ones she knew -for sure- were her ex's, and (obviously) took the ones she knew -for sure- were her own, but also took all of the toys that fell in the middle category (in her head) of "maybe they're mine, maybe they're hers, maybe they were co-purchases".

With absconding with that entire middle category, it's no surprise that the LW's ex feels that some of the sex toys taken were hers - and that is giving LW the benefit of the doubt in her accuracy assigning those 3 categories.

Personally, I think we need King Solomon to come around threatening to cut the dildo in two.
Posted by Sathya on November 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM · Report this
secretagent 6
Return the ones she asked for, clean, with a note - "Took them for one last ride; now they're all yours. Cheers!"
Posted by secretagent on November 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM · Report this
"I think we need King Solomon to come around threatening to cut the dildo in two."

Classic.
Posted by Suzy on November 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM · Report this
I think the breaker should graciously allow the breakee the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't've had the Ben Wa balls to demand sex toys from the gal I just dumped. The dumper usually has someone in the wings, so the dumpee is gonna need them toys.
Posted by ggg on November 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM · Report this
The Beatles 9
@5 You the winner. Nuff said.

This truly one of the most cluelessly self-centered and pointless letters I've ever read here, and that's saying a lot.
Posted by The Beatles on November 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM · Report this
Lol. I have never heard of that happening, but it totally makes sense. I guess it depends on what kind of adult toys of hers that you want... Maybe there should be an equitable sex toy tradeback... Seems fair to me!
Posted by adult toys for less http://www.adulttoysforless.net on October 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM · Report this