Knat 1
Both of these bits of news make me so happy, especially when I delude myself into believing either will go anywhere.
Posted by Knat on November 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM · Report this
rob! 2
You know, I've heard "Crossroads GPS" a million times but I don't think I ever knew, or saw in print, that "GPS" stood for "Grassroots Policy Strategies." I guess I thought it meant that, in addition to fundraising, they were doing some kind of semi-sophisticated map-based demographic strategizing.

Thanks for the reminder of why the "astroturf" zing was originated.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on November 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM · Report this
pfffter 3
Gosh, I'm really excited about the FFRF/IRS case.

They have had a number of successful lawsuits. This would be an awesome win.

Posted by pfffter on November 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM · Report this
doublegin 4
My mom lives on the same street as the FFRF people! She became a life long member and now refers to herself as a "free thinker" rather than agnostic. They rule!
Posted by doublegin on November 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 5
we'll see what happens - i'm pretty excited about it at the moment :)
Posted by mr. herriman on November 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM · Report this
That's delightful. And I wonder if the IRS was waiting for a lawsuit so that they could avoid the appearance of "persecuting" those horrible churches.
Posted by jt on November 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM · Report this
Issue (1) will probably fade away without the resolution we'd like to see; (2) will be thrown out of court for lack of standing and/or immunity.
Posted by madcap on November 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM · Report this