slog polls
Posted by Rowlf on November 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM · Report this
but a deep-fried, bacon flavored, mustachioed ryan gosling would be something i get behind. or in front of. whichever.
Posted by Rowlf on November 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM · Report this
Dominic Holden 3
@1) That's such a good one. I wish I'd added it.
Posted by Dominic Holden on November 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM · Report this
Mary P. Traverse 4
I, for one, am completely done with the internet's obsession with bacon. I never need to hear about bacon again as long as I live.
Posted by Mary P. Traverse http://dinosaurnews.tumblr.com on November 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM · Report this
I'd add elaborate wedding proposal videos and mass lip sync videos to the list.
Posted by carrma on November 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM · Report this
TVDinner 6
@4: Hear, hear!
Posted by TVDinner http:// on November 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM · Report this
@5 - especially if that lip synch is to "Call Me Maybe."
Posted by Sheryl on November 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM · Report this
Kayla P. 8
I was unaware my sexuality could be "played out". Ouch dude. My vote is for heterosexuals.
Posted by Kayla P. on November 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM · Report this
emma's bee 9
@4: And here, too!
Posted by emma's bee on November 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM · Report this
Zombies. Absolutely. Followed closely thereafter by mustaches.
Posted by Faber on November 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM · Report this
Miranda July (just saw her scary eyes staring at me).
Posted by CommonKnowledge on November 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM · Report this
Knat 12
Flash-mobs were officially no longer cool when one was featured in an ABC sitcom ("Manny Get Your Gun" episode of Modern Family).
Posted by Knat on November 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM · Report this
should you all be speaking so ill of mustaches during the month of Movember?
yes, they are itchy and kind of silly, but damn don't they look pretty darn good on men?
Posted by Rowlf on November 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM · Report this
I don't live in Seattle, but some of these haven't been enough of a thing, either yet or anymore, to be played out. I don't know any pit bull haters except the ones I see on Slog. Ironic racism and mustaches are gross, but neither is really a thing where I am (IRL and online). Bacon is so over, it's too late to call it over. Zombies weren't played out until about the end of last year (unlike vampires, which were over at least five years ago). I still like them, but they're played out. So that was my vote.
Posted by Prettybetsy on November 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 15
Hating Seattle's Mayor.

Either that or Zombie Cats eating pit-bull flash mobs.

Kind of a tie.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 16
1-7 on the list are all over for me, if they even ever began, (which mostly they didn't). ryan gosling and bisexuals can stay.
Posted by mr. herriman on November 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this
I'm not over "ironic racism" as much as hearing about it. It seems to be a phantom meanace to keep white guilt alive. I can hear hate speech spewed towards gays, women, Asians, Jews, and blacks in rap, hip hop, from our President's spiritual advisor, Patricia Mcallister at OWS LA, and Democratic incumbent Marion Barry vowing to rid his district of "dirty Asians" during his reelection speech. Louis Farrakhan did a college tour this year, including stops at UC Berkeley and Howard U, with not a peep of outrage by "anti-racist activists" even though he spewed anti-Asian and anti-Jewish hate speech and sold his modern Protocols of Zion on campus. Everyone acts like this in-your-face hate speech and attitudes by African Americans, some of them powerful, is a harmless mirage but it only takes a rumor of some 20 year old hipster making an insensitive comment about a black person to cause a shitstorm of outrage.
Posted by Hipster racism is a threatening as a dead puppy on November 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM · Report this
All of you hating on Mustaches this Movember can kiss my prostate.

Misandrists!
Posted by Sorry To Be Such A Dick About It on November 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM · Report this
merry 19
Clearly, flash mobs of zombies are right. out.

Whew!
Posted by merry on November 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM · Report this
The zombie thing is wa-a-ay played out ... but it just won't die!
Posted by RonK, Seattle on November 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM · Report this
Mike in MO 21
@ 8: for real! I thought we had to be in at some point in order to be over? Someone forgot to let me know!
Posted by Mike in MO on November 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM · Report this
The only reason I voted for mustaches was "fedoras" wasn't an option.
Posted by tacomagirl on November 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM · Report this
johnjacobjingleheimerschmidt 23
I love me some bisexual cats
Posted by johnjacobjingleheimerschmidt on November 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM · Report this
ZOMBIE FLASH MOBS. Or zombie walks or whatever they are. Give it a rest.
Posted by Conrad McMasters on November 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM · Report this
Ron Swanson. That dumb character is half the reason everyone is all "BACON AND MUSTACHES = MANLY MEN MEN MAN AWESOME LOLLLL" anyways.
Posted by The CHZA on November 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM · Report this
...but bacon is so delicious!
Posted by Senor Guy on November 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM · Report this
More, I Say! 27
20 votes for cats!? Weird, dudes.
Posted by More, I Say! on November 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM · Report this
Wouldn't it be a sad day if bisexuals were over? That would destroy like most sexual fantasies, counting turning straights and threesomes with more than one gender.
Posted by Spike1382 on November 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM · Report this
Simone 29
Can I change my vote from mustaches to Michael Jackson Thriller Zombie Dance. Especially annoying when every damn time some group of urban zombies get together and just have to dance to the piped in song.

The obsession with bacon is just as old and annoying as buffalo wings.
Posted by Simone on November 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM · Report this
@29 huh? what is your beef with buffalo wings?
Posted by Rowlf on November 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM · Report this
Bacon. It is a mediocre breakfast meat and nothing more.
Posted by matt! on November 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 32
HEY! FU, 27% of people hating on bisexuals...
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on November 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM · Report this
JensR 33
@32 I don't mind ANY of those things... well "ironic racism" can go fuck itself - but the rest.
Posted by JensR http://ohyran.se on November 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM · Report this
@32
2.75% not 27%
Posted by Rowlf on November 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM · Report this
@32 but yes, those 2.75 percent still suck rocks
Posted by Rowlf on November 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM · Report this
ArtBasketSara 36
You guys! All of those combined together = a fetish/fantasy/lifestyle of mine. Why do you hate me?
Posted by ArtBasketSara on November 15, 2012 at 2:24 PM · Report this
treacle 37
Who the fuck is Ryan Gosling? ..oh never mind. I don't care.

But bacon has clearly jumped the shark.

In other news: Sharkmeat is making a huge comeback!
Posted by treacle on November 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM · Report this
Cats are in dead last. Thank god.
Posted by mhulot on November 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM · Report this
biffp 39
Where's hating cars? I voted for ironic racism, but I'm hoping the bacon obsession follows Guy Fieri's Times Square restaurant downer the shittah.
Posted by biffp on November 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM · Report this
@25 you take back that shit you said about ron swanson you dirtbag
Posted by crookedhead on November 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM · Report this
@8 What you said. I clicked on it thinking, "please let there be zero votes for bisexuals". And I guess there are only a few, but ick. "Bisexuals" as a choice? Really? Ugh.
Posted by crater on November 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM · Report this
seandr 42
Birklecycling, midget huffers, and shandles should definitely be on this list.
Posted by seandr on November 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM · Report this
@40 no he sucks.
Posted by The CHZA on November 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM · Report this
You'd think Dom, of all people, would remember to put "Occupy" on there.
Posted by robotslave on November 15, 2012 at 7:21 PM · Report this
LEE. 45
I voted cats. nothing else on the list can brag that it plagues my Facebook feed everyday AND can give me an asthma attack.
Posted by LEE. on November 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM · Report this
Zombies are the dance macabre of the 21st century, except driven by the spectre of mass extinction under climate catastrophe instead of the black plague. Whether we do anything or not, over the next ten years a lot of things are going to be happening around the world that are way scarier and obvious than wimpy little Sandy. That's with the apocalyptic and millennial movements are really going to pick up steam, and zombies will be an entrenched feature of our culture as we try to make sense of the demise of the world as we know it and have always assumed it would be.
Posted by cracked on November 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM · Report this
@46 FTW
Posted by Basement full of food on November 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM · Report this
Hipster bashing. Can't we find some group more deserving of our derision ?
Posted by randomitis on November 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM · Report this
persimmon 49
and another clear victory for the pro-cat constituency.
Posted by persimmon on November 16, 2012 at 8:54 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 50
Time for us to have a Christmas Zombie Flash Mob in Westlake.

Only 3675 more shopping days!
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on November 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM · Report this