Wicked Virgin 2
If you can find it, (there are copies floating around the internet - bays where pirates hang out, for instance) and are amiable to audiobooks, listen to the BBC Radio audio version, read by Geoffrey Palmer. His voice does this story justice.
Posted by Wicked Virgin http://goo.gl/nBxVY on November 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM · Report this
emor 3
I was introduced to this excellent book by the excellent video game Deus Ex. Books with quotes were scattered throughout the game world. I was so interested I went out and borrowed it from the library. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Since I'm not 15 anymore, I should give the book a re-read. Thanks for the reminder!
Posted by emor on November 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM · Report this
@ 1. It's Sunday. It's a sleepy-afternoon blog post. I give myself permission to relax.

I give you permission to relax, too.
Posted by Brendan Kiley on November 18, 2012 at 9:02 PM · Report this
withered feet are failing to fill those shoes
withered feet are failing to fill those shoes
withered feet are failing to fill those shoes
Posted by gloomy gus on November 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM · Report this
One of my favorite books. Thank god there aren't too many Chestertons--our work would be more difficult. Tho maybe our world would be a better place.
Posted by Butch on November 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM · Report this
Now that sounded enigmatic.....and speaking of enigmas...

Posted by sgt_doom on November 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM · Report this
Would you consider PJ O'Rourke or maybe Christopher Buckley to be heirs to Chesterton--except that he was so Catholic.
Posted by john1 on November 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM · Report this
The Book is also available on Project Gutenburg for legal downloading.
Posted by bruski on November 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM · Report this