I agree
Posted by sall on November 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM · Report this
yelahneb 2
Geez, what's eating you?
Posted by yelahneb http://www.strangebutharmless.com on November 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM · Report this
yelahneb 3
(Ba-dum-bump)
Posted by yelahneb http://www.strangebutharmless.com on November 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM · Report this
AGREEMENT.
Posted by Bethany Jean Clement on November 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM · Report this
waaa,waaa,waaa...
Posted by it's that guy... on November 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM · Report this
Kathy Fennessy 6
And most of it looks disgusting.
Posted by Kathy Fennessy http://kathleencfennessy.blogspot.com/ on November 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM · Report this
@6, I agree with you too.
Posted by sall on November 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM · Report this
I agree with Charles: food...blah blah blah... stupid.... photography... etc.
Posted by elstongunn on November 27, 2012 at 2:19 PM · Report this
laterite 9
Ironically enough, this might be the best-composed photograph Charles has ever taken.
Posted by laterite on November 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM · Report this
Dougsf 10
Totally agree. Although, I sort of like the idea of these "after" pics.

That said, complaining about Facebook usually means you're spending way too much time on Facebook.
Posted by Dougsf on November 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM · Report this
Knat 12
Jesus, Mudede. You must have an unbelievably charmed life if this is a crusade you're willing to pursue.
Posted by Knat on November 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM · Report this
Grrr 13
All of this complaining amounts to a hill of beans...

...fit enough to be photographed and uploaded to Instagram.
Posted by Grrr on November 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 14
It's not nearly as bad as next years fad "Photographing food you've just digested!"

The total craze for 2013
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on November 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM · Report this
long-time reader 15
Styrofoam? Boo!
Posted by long-time reader on November 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM · Report this
piminnowcheez 16
I don't understand why this is a thing people like to bitch about. If I had a friend who liked to post pictures of birds, or kittens, or their kids, or antique toy robots, or comic books, or any other goddam thing I don't care about but they do, I'd just ignore it without feeling the need to hate on somebody who takes joy in something I'm not interested in. Foodies like food. It's their hobby, it's an interest they use to connect with other people. So what.
Posted by piminnowcheez on November 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM · Report this
Tell us, Charles: which celebrity relationships do you not approve of? Who's wearing something that's so last season? Which of the high-school cliques is full of sub-human detritus? You're clearly being paid to spout your own unfounded opinions as fact; let's hear something really juicy.
Posted by Ruke on November 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM · Report this
No one except foodies and photographers ever posts anything annoying on social network sites.
Posted by JTContinental on November 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM · Report this
Unbelievable. I agree 100% with a Charles Mudede post. Oh my lord the "picture of food you're about to eat" post drives me crazy. I'm going to start responding to them with pictures of chairs I'm about to sit in.
Posted by beef rallard on November 27, 2012 at 3:50 PM · Report this
T 20
Food pics are almost as played out as declaring things to be "first world problems." Yet, here we are...
Posted by T on November 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM · Report this
T 21
Med Mix is fucking delicious though.
Posted by T on November 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM · Report this
Ziggity 22
Meh. They're better than the "Foreheads I'd like to jizz on" pics that Charles used to post.
Posted by Ziggity on November 27, 2012 at 4:56 PM · Report this
my feed is all movember mustaches and kids. argh.
Posted by ng53 on November 27, 2012 at 5:06 PM · Report this
Simone 24
I don't take and post pictures of every food item I've eaten. But, there are moments (like when I'm on holiday in Europe or other such more memorable trips) that I do take pictures of the nice dish I'm about to consume. Also, on the rare occasion when I get served airplane food I like to document the food.

But these are special occasions for me. However, I don't post every snack I'm eating on facebook. That's just silly for me to do. As with #16 I don't care if others post their food items and I just ignore it without feeling the need to rant and rave about it on the interwebs.
Posted by Simone on November 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM · Report this
I've never posted about anything I've eaten or planned to eat. Eating is private.
Posted by Amanda on November 27, 2012 at 7:13 PM · Report this
very bad homo 26
I honestly don't mind looking at pictures of food and I don't see what the big deal is.
Posted by very bad homo on November 27, 2012 at 8:10 PM · Report this
I don't have a burning opinion either way but I've never gotten the allure of posting pictures of what you had at the diner, restaurant, etc. However I've noticed that it's only my female friends who do this, so it's probably another way of long-distance girl bonding.
Posted by floater on November 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM · Report this
I disagree. I'd rather see the sandwich as it was when it was served to you than it in any stage of you having eaten it.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on November 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM · Report this
you should've uploaded a pic of cheese. you know... to go with the whine...
Posted by peskypoop on November 28, 2012 at 4:15 AM · Report this
care bear 30
My boyfriend likes to take pictures of food, especially in poor light with the flash from his iPhone. And he thinks it actually looks good.
Posted by care bear on November 28, 2012 at 6:14 AM · Report this
If a meal shows superior preparation or presentation, why should I keep it a secret, or spend paragraphs explaining what a picture shows wordlessly?
Posted by woof on November 28, 2012 at 7:42 AM · Report this
Violet_DaGrinder 32
Mudede, I feel like it's only right to admit how much you've grown on me.
Posted by Violet_DaGrinder http://www.imeem.com/jukeboxmusic51/music/y1malqpG/prince-the-new-power-generation-featuring-eric-leeds-on-f/ on November 28, 2012 at 8:05 AM · Report this
@16, admittedly I hate alot of facebook culture, and this is just another symptom of that...but I guess it also just irks me from a manners perspective.

There's something wrong about repeatedly taking photos in a crowded restaurant (I was at a place over the weekend where all four people at a table had cameras aimed at their food). Plus, the photo shoots always seemed to be followed by an annoyingly loud conversation where the amateur photographer/blogger/food critic enlightens us with his/her opinions. It's fucking annoying. Put away your phones, cameras, etc., and just eat your fucking meal and talk to the people around you.

Although take my opinion with a grain of salt. I've got a good deal of old fogey in me, and I also think it's rude to wear a hat at the dinner table.
Posted by dave1976 on November 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM · Report this
thatsnotright 34
I'm with at @ 15 you should be ashamed of using something that will take thousands of years to deteriorate for a snack you consume in 10 minutes. As for the good/bad taste dichotomy there are far worse subjects to focus upon such as relationship difficulties, images of animal cruelty, racism ad nauseum. I have friends who are food hobbyists or who are celebrating and sharing their enjoyment, that is not bad taste if they are not gloating. You have "down key, you know and are not required to look closely at the post. If it is bad taste to show a meal on facebook, do you propose an end to Food Magazines and cooking shows as well? How about a ban on food images in The Stranger @4 BJC, since you mainly write about the decor and how cool the owners are anyway.
Posted by thatsnotright on November 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 35
Slow day Chucky?
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on November 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM · Report this
Is this meant to be sarcastic? Chefs and servers often make food look like works of art. Why not post it?

We live in a country where food is accessible and only about 1/12 people suffer from hunger. That's not perfect but it sure as heck is an improvement over the historical average, and it's not like I'm waving it in the faces of starving refugees. I'd much rather see someone post a pic of a beautiful dish than a pic of another celebrity wardrobe malfunction or teenager unwittingly trashing his or her future by being photographed with drugs or alcohol. THAT is bad taste.
Posted by DRF on November 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM · Report this