Is it good or bad that this shit somehow still shocks me?
Posted by Cappelletti on November 30, 2012 at 10:08 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 2
Fuck christianity. Fuck all religions. Mind control indoctrination brain washing ritualistic cult bullshit.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on November 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 3
It's funny, but I don't have a problem with it if the same funding goes to other religions and secular centers.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on November 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM · Report this
@3 I don't think public money should be going to anybody who is still doing abstinence only sex-education. That shit has been proven not to work.
Posted by Ken Mehlman on November 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM · Report this
I went to the Care Net Clinic in Kirkland, Wa. I felt welcomed and was offered a free ultrasound. I can not complain, then again I never had the idea of abortion in my mind. I participated in the parenting classes and received a plethora of donated items for my daughter. I even considered volunteering myself. I defiantly recommend for those in faith that are in need.
Posted by korimarie on November 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 8
@6: Welcome to The Stranger, as you have just made an account, and this is your only post!

What a coincidence that you made an account on the day that a relevant article shows up on The Slog!

Astroturf somewhere else.

Posted by Theodore Gorath on November 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM · Report this
Fred Casely 9
If you're allowed only one set of scare quotes per headline, I vote for "crisis pregnancy center" over "earn."
Posted by Fred Casely on November 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM · Report this
Knat 10
To the question posed by the article: no, the place clearly should not receive tax dollars for what is clearly a religiously-based organization. That's how it works.

@6: Please explain to us how you "defiantly recommend" something.

Also, if you're already buying into the bullshit that is Christianity and you're planning on continuing the pregnancy, it's not an issue, is it? The issue is when a woman is considering ending the pregnancy, or doesn't buy into the demonstrable bullshit that is Christianity and just needs some assistance, sans Jesus. Such women may well have no other support system, and go to these vultures because they have no other option, thanks in part to the GOP's war on women and sex.

You've added nothing to the conversation, but I would "defiantly recommend" you read the piece Cienna linked to at the beginning of the post ("emotionally manipulative lies", in blue), so that you might somewhat educate yourself on the issue.
Posted by Knat on November 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM · Report this
Mischa Vainburg 11
@2: <3
Posted by Mischa Vainburg http://squidbasedink.wordpress.com on November 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM · Report this
I would be extremely upset if I was pregnant, intending to keep the kid, but needed financial help and was forced to attend bible classes to get help. I would be angry if this was funded by the federal government.

If they were simply getting funding to give away baby items with no bullshit strings attached by the government i'd be slightly less angry.
Posted by tigntink on November 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM · Report this
Hey Cienna - You have probably seen this already, but the Seattle Times ripped off your elephant story from last year!

Just thought it was weird.
Posted by Narbles on December 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM · Report this