It might be disgusting, but consenting-adult incest is a victimless crime.

However, she seems to have some other red flag issues that prevent me from saying "go for it."

There's also how this will affect the family relationship later, but since you've already made out maybe that ship has already sailed.
Posted by gibson99 on December 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 3
$100 says they moved to Kentucky together.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on December 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM · Report this
Dear Mississippi Penthouse,
I never thought it would happen to me, but...
Posted by DisorganizedReligion on December 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 5
I suppose it could happen but it sounds contrived.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM · Report this
If I wanted to read about fake incest stories, I'd go to reddit.
Posted by mhulot on December 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 7
What was that John Sayles movie? Lone Star? It had a half-sibling relationship, and it worked out OK.
Posted by Max Solomon on December 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM · Report this
Spit take, #4.
Posted by beckysharp52 on December 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM · Report this
@7 yes, it was Lone Star - which was a very good movie about a race in a small Texas town.

The kicker is that the two characters in question didn't know they were half-siblings when they hooked up as adults - they discovered that they had the same father only afterwards, and then decided to continue based on the rationale that she couldn't get pregnant... so what-the-hell.
Posted by SuperSteve on December 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM · Report this
@9 "movie about race" not "movie about a race"
Posted by SuperSteve on December 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM · Report this
keshmeshi 12
@9,

They did? I thought she suggested they continue, and he rejected that idea.
Posted by keshmeshi on December 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM · Report this
It's not wrong because it's half-incest, it's wrong because she's a hot mess and LW is going to have a tough time cutting ties when it flames out. She's always going to know where he lives.
Posted by Prettybetsy on December 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 14
@12 It was sort of ambiguous, hence the confusion here. They didn't necessarily reject it, though, giving the impression it continued, but we don't really know. Just gotta say Kris Kristofferson was excellently evil in that film. Just a low-down SOB.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on December 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM · Report this
sirkowski 15
@2 I'd say we'd all be victims here.
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on December 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM · Report this
very bad homo 16
I never call fake on these letters, but this one really does sound fake.
Posted by very bad homo on December 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM · Report this
In2ishn 17
Lone Star is a great movie, Chris Cooper at his best. Think how good that is!

The end is ambiguous. I say they went for it!
Posted by In2ishn on December 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM · Report this
Pridge Wessea 18
Needs more cocaine (already has the malt liquor).
Posted by Pridge Wessea on December 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM · Report this
Chipped in $5. Wish I had more to give. This is all so beautiful.
Posted by Namae nante iranai! on December 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM · Report this
What? That posted in the wrong thread. Aaaargh.
Posted by Namae nante iranai! on December 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM · Report this