reverend dr dj riz 1
now THIS is news
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on December 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 2

Speaking of comedic crimes, I'm surprised this escaped the attention of SLOG:

Ex-National Lampoon CEO sentenced to 50 years

A financier and former chief executive of humor magazine National Lampoon convicted of swindling investors out of about $200 million was sentenced Friday to 50 years in prison.

U.S. District Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson said the case against Timothy Durham was characterized by "deceit, greed and arrogance" and that Durham had violated the trust of thousands of small investors from the American Heartland.

"We drive Chevys and Buicks and Ford, not Ducatis. That's how most of us roll," Magnus-Stinson said. "When they're defrauded, it is the most serious offense because it undermines the fabric of this country."

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on December 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM · Report this
Bailo, I'm suprised that you brought this up. He was a major Indiana republican party donor.
Posted by wl on December 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM · Report this
Hummers are great road trip vehicles.
Posted by cliche on December 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM · Report this
Did SPD give him the standard choke and punch treatment for struggling?
Posted by Wheedle on December 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM · Report this
Ha ha... a Hummer ran out of gas?! Who could have expected that?

Damn I live right near the World Sports Grille (formerly Jillian's). Sorry I missed all the hubbub.
Posted by madcap on December 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM · Report this
Is Kat Williams the new Andy Dick?
Posted by Conrad McMasters on December 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM · Report this
psych eval time. He's having an extended break of some sort...
Posted by cracked on December 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM · Report this
Hawke 9
I want my money back. His part of the show consisted of him undressing and then dressing onstage, putting a puppy on the turntables, smoking something (rumored to be crack), then insulting his audience. He couldn't finish a single joke and just cried "poor me" over and over. When he started acting like he was doing us a fucking favor for being there, forgetting that we paid $55/ticket, we walked out. Of course we got shit from the Black couple behind us when the woman quipped "look at all the white people leaving." There were plenty of black couples walking out in disgust too. Most unprofessional performance I have ever seen.
Posted by Hawke http://facebook.com/thehawke on December 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 10
'of course we got shit from the Black couple behind us'
... ummm ' of course ?
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on December 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 11
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Posted by Max Solomon on December 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM · Report this
Captain Wiggette 12
This. Seattle needs much more of this, please. It would certainly shake this sleepy city out of its dreary complacency.
Posted by Captain Wiggette on December 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM · Report this
@12 "Seattle needs much more of this, please."

Seattle deserves better than this.

Sure, Katt was bailed out of King County Jail by Suge Knight, which is sort of fucking awesome, but as it says right in the post, this was hardly Katt's best work.

Celebrating this is like taking inordinate pride in the Hammering Man, especially after being informed there are taller versions are in Seoul, Korea and Frankfurt, Germany.
Posted by A Tom Skerrit Reinactment Would Be Balls, Though! on December 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM · Report this
I'm not familiar with the oeuvre of Mr. Williams - I'm not especially au courant with American standup. But $55 a ticket for a guy that according to all recent reports is a total fnck-up who probably won't even show and definitely won't entertain? Why would anyone even consider ponying up for the tickets? Why would the venue agree to book him? Who would insure the performance?
Posted by Warren Terra on December 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 15
Crack head.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 16
@14: his specials are on Comedy Channel & HBO. He's a fairly funny foulmouthed storyteller & he was enjoyable in Friday After Next. but you gotta like that kind of humor.
Posted by Max Solomon on December 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM · Report this
I was at the show on Friday... and I do like his type of humor. I must say... although he was funny... he is a "loose cannon" and you are gambling with buying tickets to his show. I laughed a lot.. and am happy that he showed... and gave a long worthy performance.. but you can see tell he is in a "I just don't give a f*ck" attitude... and you just don't know what he will do next.. which seems somewhat nerve wrecking at moments.. and somewhat disrespectful to the fans that paid to go there. He did kick many out some for heckling, others for no reason... and he did hit someone in the back of the head with a mic... which is in no way right.. but what sets him off is people heckling him and people taking his picture and video recording him.. which is clearly stated everywhere in the event center not to do any of them. So to each its own... they are all wrong. Not only Katt Williams but the ones that are triggering him. The gentleman who states he left... honestly Katt Williams offered a Katt Williams show on Friday night. If you knew him well enough to want to buy the tickets.. you got what you paid for. That is his comedy. He is not scripted.. and he is not sincere... He is Katt Williams. And I was in the very front... and no it was not Crack he was smoking. He was smoking cigarettes and weed.
Posted by lovingtolaugh on December 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM · Report this
blip 18
@14, I'm sure part of the draw is the potential to witness an epic TMZ-worthy meltdown, followed by a full refund. Arguably more entertaining than his scripted material.
Posted by blip on December 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 19
I always thought Williams acted a little "off" on stage, but I assumed that was his stage persona. So he joins the Martin Lawrence-Dave Chappelle club of the too much, too soon crazies.
Posted by Bauhaus I on December 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM · Report this
seandr 20
Can't believe someone hasn't knocked that little motherfucker on his ass yet.

Posted by seandr on December 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM · Report this
This says it all:

" He was bailed out by Suge Knight"
Posted by SeMe on December 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Agree with #8.

He's obviously not mentally well. But had to chuckle at some of his antics (not the ones where he's assaulting people though).
Posted by Patricia Kayden on December 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM · Report this
prompt 23
Sounds like a douchebag. Why do people buy tickets to his shows after shit like this?
Posted by prompt on December 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM · Report this
@12 I apologize.

When I wrote #13, I had no idea Katt would go on to announce his retirement and attempt to buy a Washington State ferry as a temporary residence...

That's world-class crazy shit right there, and I think we can all be proud it's happening here.
Posted by A Tom Skerrit Reinactment Would Be Balls, Though! on December 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM · Report this
I went to that show. Eventually everyone walked out on him. All he did was undress and dress a bunch. He did do a good karaoke version of pearl jam Jeremy and a couple okay jokes. But nothing as even close to as good as his TV specials. He went from being one of my favorite comedians to me wanting to beat him up. He assaulted people for no reason. He kicked people out at random. He's lucky he didn't do that to the wrong person or he would dead right now. No joke. He has obviously been doing this too long and can't handle the stress. There was a couple of good opening acts though at least.
Posted by musicfan42 on December 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM · Report this