ScrawnyKayaker 1
From the Senate to Wing Nut Daily? Oh, how the mighty* have fallen!

*mighty** delusional, that is.

**yes, I know that should be in the adverbial form.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on December 4, 2012 at 6:38 AM · Report this
What @1 said.
Posted by StuckInUtah on December 4, 2012 at 7:04 AM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 3
Can we see a picture of the butt that caused the buttfumble?
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on December 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM · Report this
Well, he should feel right at home.
Posted by Buffy on December 4, 2012 at 7:30 AM · Report this
Fortunate 5
Saw her show last night. She was in good form. I like how she referenced Santorum's Google problem and then pointed out that his new internet presence is probably even more of an embarrassment.
Posted by Fortunate on December 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM · Report this
@3 Here you are. I'm sure there's a larger photo out there somewhere, but that's all I've got at the moment.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on December 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM · Report this
jcsmith2 7
Gawd I love her...
Posted by jcsmith2 on December 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 8
Hey you know I maybe could want do something with that cane thing. Tell me more.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on December 4, 2012 at 7:55 AM · Report this
hey you grew up good job
Posted by Swearengen on December 4, 2012 at 8:01 AM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 10
Aztec culture. Finally!
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on December 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM · Report this
In2ishn 11
It is easy laugh at the cane self-defense video, though a cane can be quite useful. But the new(-ish) interest in self-defense for old folks is rooted in the highly successful fearmongering of WND and their ilk.

Yes, in the hands of a WELL trained experienced person (agility helps, too) a cane is an excellent weapon. But does that really describe grandma after watching the video a couple times.
Posted by In2ishn on December 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM · Report this
@11: I choose to believe, the answer is YES! Whole generations of formerly sedate grannies will shortly be revealed as a deadly ninja fighting force!
Posted by Pope Buck I on December 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM · Report this
edwin decker 13
Great editorial, though I wouldn't say that WND and Rick Santorum represent "half" of America. I'd say half of half, because there are a lot of republicans who eschew that ridiculous bullshit as well.

Still, "infestation"? Can you believe these people?
Posted by edwin decker http://www.edwindecker.com/ on December 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM · Report this
Knat 14
This is the sort of video that always comes to mind when I hear MSNBC being referred to as the liberal equivalent to Fox. Maybe I'm wrong to think Maddow is the biggest name there, but at least she clearly cites all her news stories. I can't recall the last time I saw a clip of a Fox show where they show a reputable source for their stories. They don't bother with any source most (all?) of the time, just "some are saying", and "it's been reported", and "there are rumors that" as their only grounding for a story that's clearly an opinion piece, typically titled with a leading statement ending in a question mark.
Posted by Knat on December 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM · Report this
@13 Yeah, half was an overstatement by Rachel. Even half of half is probably an overstatement, since I doubt that all of Santorum's supporters qualify as absolute wingnuts. I'd guesstimate that 10% of the population is batshit crazy right wing, which translates to around 22% of Republican voters, since the batshit are somewhat more likely to vote than the population as a whole.

Still, that was the only thing in the entire clip that hit my "that's not really being fair or accurate" sensor, which is quite impressive given how much astonishingly galling material she had.

Posted by Functional Atheist on December 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM · Report this
@1 Love how you correct your own grammar! lol *

*ps loved the content as well.
Posted by JJinAus on December 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM · Report this
@15: SOME of the batshits are more likely to vote. There's also a sub-group of batshit crazy right-wingers who think voting itself is a conspiracy, or that both candidates are controlled by the Illuminati or the Lizard People, so they vote third-party or sit it out.

Trust me, I have one on my Facebook feed. I keep planning to de-friend him but the entertainment value is just too much.
Posted by Whoop Di Doo on December 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM · Report this
And this is different from his previous position in the Republican party... how?
Posted by gromm on December 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM · Report this
I know nothing about WND, so I went to World NEWS Daily. I looked at it and thought "this can't be right, it just looks like a news site". Then I caught the mistake and went to World NET Daily. Yep. Wingnuts.
Posted by pjc on December 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM · Report this