This post made me smile.
Posted by DisorganizedReligion on December 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
I think you made this shit up. Nice try, though.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM · Report this
Not very convincing. Showing emotions (real or fake) isn't the same as having emotions. Some societies put a premium on being demonstrative, others don't.
Posted by anon1256 on December 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 4

America is happy?

We're one of the least dense nations in the world!

How can that be.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on December 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM · Report this
Wandergeist 5
They're obviously kidding, or their data is wrong, as the inclusion of Canada suggests. Unless they did the survey exclusively during hockey games, there's no chance Canada is among the 15 most emotional countries.
Posted by Wandergeist on December 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM · Report this
Huh? Americans are the most depressed people I've ever been around. Never satisfied, nothing's ever good enough, and they're always grasping after novelty and more, more more... If you deem the fake "have a nice day" American smile as indicative of actual happiness, then you haven't been paying attention.
Posted by Confluence on December 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM · Report this
Rotten666 8

My dad had a depressed friend that moved in with us when I was in middle school. He took me to McDonald's for lunch. When the cashier said "have a nice day", Frank replied with "I'll have whatever kind of fucking day I want".

I'm gonna have to go with @7.

Posted by Rotten666 on December 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 9
Brutally repressed women, religiously proscribed separation of the sexes, limited employment opportunities, & no alcohol?

Who would ever think that could make a culture unhappy?
Posted by Max Solomon on December 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 10
"North Africans and Arabs tend to be unhappy."

Ugly people often are.
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on December 4, 2012 at 1:58 PM · Report this
Pridge Wessea 11
@10 - you are one of the most loathesome trolls on slog, and that's saying something.
Posted by Pridge Wessea on December 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 12
@11
You look like you must be very unhappy yourself.
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on December 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM · Report this