NotSean 1
...and then?
Posted by NotSean on December 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM · Report this
I can't decide if this story makes me love Frank Oz more, or less, but the fact remains, I love me some Frank Oz.
Posted by One unused prophylactic. One soiled. on December 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM · Report this
scary tyler moore 3
Kline, honey, not Cline.
Posted by scary tyler moore http://pushymcshove.blogspot.com/ on December 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM · Report this
I remember that review. It was totally spot on. And why I saw the movie.

FYI, when people say "I don't mind a critique..." what they really mean is:

"How DARE you remove your tongue from my asshole for five seconds! I AM YOUR GOD!"

That reminds me. I miss you Andy.
Posted by tkc on December 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM · Report this
rob! 5
Somebody needs to update the Wikipedia and IMDb articles with this important pre-Internet information.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on December 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM · Report this
Fistique 6
But...it's not a criticism to say something is gay? Because it's fine to be gay? There's actually no moral weight to saying something is gay or straight or whatever?
Posted by Fistique on December 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM · Report this
seandr 7
Andy!!!

Back in the day you and Matt Cook once showed up at a party in my apartment (across the street from Dan's old place on Boylston and Olive St). I don't think anything especially memorable happened, but I believe I recall you declining to smoke weed.
Posted by seandr on December 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 8
What a pretentious twat (and I'm not talking about Frank Oz).

By the way, pretentious twat, you misspelled Kevin Kline.
Posted by keshmeshi on December 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM · Report this
TVDinner 9
God, the days before the internet. How I miss them. I do not, however, miss voice mail.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on December 5, 2012 at 2:28 PM · Report this
Kevin Kline just called, Andy. He's PISSED you misspelled his name. I talked him out of a tree and promised to fix it.
Posted by Christopher Frizzelle on December 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM · Report this
Any chance of a link to the musical remix of the voice mail?
Posted by Dance Party Fool on December 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM · Report this
@8 you could not be more wrong.

I know Andy. He is everything a good person should be. Humble. Funny. Kind. Smart. Compassionate. Andy has the courage to actually like things, rather than ironically snark at them. He can also make mean drink - but he makes a sweet drunk.

And if he reads this he will "en-pinken" with mid-west embarrassment. So I will end this unauthorized praise by saying I hear he is also a tiger in the sack...
Posted by tkc on December 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM · Report this
Matthew Richter 13
@12 Hear here.
Posted by Matthew Richter http://www.xomonline.com on December 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM · Report this
biju 14
Funny
Posted by biju on December 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 15
You should allow people to get the Hero tag if they contribute to any food bank in the country.

It feels a little shitty (as much as charity can) to give money to feed people all the way across the country who have a higher standard of living/social outreach programs, when I walk by some of the hungriest, dope and coke-destroyed communities in America here in Baltimore.

Because in Seattle, there are no slums. There is no ghetto.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on December 6, 2012 at 7:37 AM · Report this