YakHerder 1
Judge Yu is also an outstanding jurist and would be a great pick for WA Supreme Court.
Posted by YakHerder on December 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 2
Judge Mary, I love Yu.
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on December 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM · Report this
douchus 3
..........
..........
..........
..........
..........
I just got that.
Posted by douchus on December 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM · Report this
I'm so in love with our city. Swoon!
Posted by case on December 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM · Report this
I'm pretending that @2 stole my line, because it is brilliant.
Posted by Hanoumatoi on December 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM · Report this
sirkowski 6
I just want to have an Internet fight with her. YU MAD?
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on December 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM · Report this
My birthday is Monday, and I want a bunch of very happily newly married people celebrating their weddings for my birthday. This is beyond cool. Congrats to everyone tying the knot tomorrow.
Posted by SeattleKim on December 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 8

Yu can thank me by sending me wedding invitations.
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on December 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 9
@1 Word.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on December 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM · Report this
CUZ THAT'S WHAT SHE WAS BORN TUH DO!
Posted by deepconcentration on December 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM · Report this
Judge Yu finalized the adoption process for the Meat Weapon family. We often speak well of her when reviewing the photos from that day, one in which she cradles our then 5-month-old daughter. She became a significant part of our family history when she made us a family, and Meat Weapon Jr. still loves the official "adoption bear" judge Yu gave her that day. I'm so glad she'll get this honor, and grateful she's willing to take the first red-eye shift.
Posted by Meat Weapon on December 8, 2012 at 9:23 PM · Report this
tunanator 13
Wow. This has been a tiring week for Sarah and Emily - they're real troopers!
Posted by tunanator on December 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM · Report this
My husband misheard me when I told him the Judge marrying the first same-sex couples in Washington was named "Marry You" and thought I said "Merry Hue." He grinned and gave me a thumbs up and said it fit so well because of the rainbow. I guess there is a double rainbow in Judge Mary Yu's name!
Posted by heartfelt on December 9, 2012 at 6:50 AM · Report this
sperifera 16
I agree with @1, Judge Yu is a wonderful human being in addition to all else that is said about her qualifications. And a FoD.
Posted by sperifera on December 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM · Report this
@12-Meat Weapon. That is a beautiful story. congrats on the adoption and the creation of your happy family.
Posted by Tor on December 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM · Report this
Hawke 19
@17 dipshit.
Posted by Hawke http://facebook.com/thehawke on December 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM · Report this
Judge Yu's staff -- her bailiff, her clerks, her court reporters, everybody -- also volunteered their time to be there as well, even though they were not legally required for the ceremonies. They just wanted to be there to help. That's true of a number of the other courtrooms as well...
Posted by Mr. Happy Sunshine on December 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM · Report this
Fighty Almighty 22
Judge Yu's staff and the justice herself are some of the warmest, most wonderful folks I've ever encountered. She officiated our marriage at 1:30am on December 9th. We were delirious and nervous but everyone made certain we were comfortable and the event was magical. Thank you, Judge Yu and Takao and everyone else who ensured a memorable moment in our lives!
Posted by Fighty Almighty on December 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM · Report this
@1: Well don't you look smart.
Posted by Hanoumatoi on May 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM · Report this
Judge Mary Yu presided over our marriage last Fall. She was amazing, everything she said and did blew me away and humbled me at the same time. My husband works for the County Courts, and knew of her work. I was on board because of her name.....

We had a perfect wedding. The venue, the food, the musicians.... but what really made it truly perfect, was Judge Mary Yu. I will be forever in her debt, and she will forever be in my heart.
Posted by chad.sawyer@earthlink.net on October 22, 2014 at 5:12 PM · Report this