Pithy Name 1
Wacky fun, that thread.

I donate to Northwest Harvest every year since I worked at a food bank (and thus, with them). I've seen the good they do first-hand.
Posted by Pithy Name on December 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 2
Do I feel oppressed? As a charter member of the Race Traitor Society, I'm getting fat on black vengeance upon whitey. Those poor suckers are more right than they know.
Posted by Matt from Denver on December 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM · Report this
Pick1 3
I am both white and gay.

Let me tell you, I definitely prefer the bullying I receive for being white over the bullying I receive for being gay.

If white "suppression" is your biggest've got a pretty good life and just need to shut the fuck up.
Posted by Pick1 on December 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM · Report this
Knat 4
All I could think of while reading that was "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" in Michael Palin's voice.
Posted by Knat on December 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM · Report this
Like Pick 1, I am both white and gay. Am I being suppressed by the government? Yes. Particularly by government officials who deny recognition of my marriage, and who deny me the 1,000+ rights, privileges and obligations that go along with it.

And the overwhelming majority of those government officials who are suppressing me are white.
Posted by Clayton on December 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM · Report this
Zebes 6
It took me a little while to realize what YT was referring to instead of the Snow Crash character.

Anyway, I'd like to see an example of actual white suppression sometime. Being forced to look past spanish translations on packaging, or having black people move into your neighborhood, or otherwise having non-whites present in your life- even as background noise- doesn't count.
Posted by Zebes on December 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM · Report this
emor 7
Dear god, that thread is a fucking horror show. I love how they're all shouting into an empty thread.

I hope those freaks stop by here.
Posted by emor on December 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM · Report this
scary tyler moore 8
dave, honey, please spell out "YT" the first time you type it. some of us old and out of touch farts aren't familiar with this hipster jive. thenk yew.
Posted by scary tyler moore on December 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 9
I feel pity for people who cannot see beyond skin color. The world is far more beautiful than they will ever know.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM · Report this
JensR 10
I thought we said these kinds of stories should be SUPPRESSED damnit! Dave, we talked about it during our last gay-lesbian-african-muslim-feminist-lefty-conspiracy meeting... Using our mighty influence over all states and nations - media and government we will destroy all those horrible patriots and freedom lovers we want to enslave with our feminine socialism!

Damnit why do you guys never read the memos!?
Posted by JensR on December 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM · Report this
Daddy Love 11
"US Americans" = white. Now I get it!
Posted by Daddy Love on December 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM · Report this
Are you sure that the Unamusement Park blog isn't run by the Republican Party? Haven't several Republicans publicly challenged President Obama's birthplace/heritage? Romney even "joked" about this during his campaign.

And don't forget, it's not just that White people are being oppressed, it's that White Christian people are being oppressed. They don't care about the atheists.
Posted by Patricia Kayden on December 11, 2012 at 3:42 AM · Report this