seandr 1
Wait a minute, Charles. Weren't you previously going on about the bailout demonstrating that our government was run by Wall Street, or am I confusing you with someone else?

Anyway - yes, markets would be completely dysfunctional without government oversight and intervention.
Posted by seandr on December 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 2
Just think of how much we could have made if we charged them interest on the loan, instead of just giving more corporate welfare to those who deserve it least.

Welfare queens.

Posted by Theodore Gorath on December 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM · Report this
Small discount?!? I'd like to have some words with the NY Times.

So, why did we the people get screwed out of $.86 a share on this deal? If my broker did that to me, the SEC would be all over his ass. When you sell into an auction market, you should get the auction price.

Where did that almost $200 Million go? Into whose pocket and why?

Yeah, yeah, I know you can't dump 234 million shares of something without moving the market lower, but I don't see the necessity for dumping it all at once, either. And no way that hiring a broker to sell that for you gradually will cost you 3% of the market price. That's unconscionable.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on December 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM · Report this
And how much did we make on our GM stock?

How much more stock does the US government still hold?

Socialism and government participation are not synonymous. Let's not confuse them.
Posted by Charlie Mas on December 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM · Report this
Then where the fuck is my check?
Posted by tkc on December 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 6
@2
YEA!

@3
YEA!

@4
Fuck Yea!

@5
No shit, where the fuck is my check, looks like all I am getting as another tax increase.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on December 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM · Report this