When I went to work for accountants years ago, one of the first things I was taught was to triple check the word "public" in certified public accountants. I never let a "pubic" slip past me, but I have seen it happen to others!
Posted by Bugnroolet on December 11, 2012 at 2:25 PM · Report this
stinkbug 2
The top google result for "Pubic Charter Schools" is a page that has "National Alliance For Pubic Charter Schools | Missouri Charter Public School Association" in the title tag.

The mistake seems to be common with the charter folks.
Posted by stinkbug on December 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM · Report this
Fnarf 3
"Mommy, Miz Hickenlooper showed us her crabs today, can I get some?"
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on December 11, 2012 at 2:38 PM · Report this
SPG 4
That one is pretty funny, but you guys run a metric shit ton of typos every day.
Posted by SPG on December 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM · Report this
Sargon Bighorn 5
See already the Gay Agenda takes effect. All things sex, and to 2nd graders at that.
Posted by Sargon Bighorn on December 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM · Report this
Goldy 6
@4 Slog has typos. Not print. Our copy editors do a damn fine job of proofing, correcting, and improving, the typo-strewn garbage we send them.
Posted by Goldy on December 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM · Report this
I have to use the word "public" a lot in the writing I do for work. After I almost submitted a proposal to a potential customer with the term "Pubic Assistance" on the cover, I made searching for "pubic" the last check I do before I produce.
Posted by Sheryl on December 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM · Report this
DowntownTaylor 8
"Is our children learning?"
Posted by DowntownTaylor http://www.digitaltaylor.com on December 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM · Report this
SPG 9
@6, You guys have a print version?
Posted by SPG on December 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM · Report this
Nice. Did they not learn from the Seattle Times that donating ad space to political causes/candidates backfires? Karma comes in many forms....now we know they support schools about genital areas.
Posted by StuckInUtah on December 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM · Report this
As someone who writes about public education that is the number ONE word I always check. That it's in print in ad sponsored by a newspaper is pretty sad.

Why is the newspaper sponsoring the ad? Odd.
Posted by westello on December 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM · Report this
Banned on The Seattle Times 12
The fucked up thing is that the charter schools wrote it, then the Tribune did graphics and proofed it, then charter schools did the final okay and authorization. This is the best advertisement against charter schools yet...
Posted by Banned on The Seattle Times on December 12, 2012 at 5:03 AM · Report this
@6: Ah HAHAHAHAHAHA! No. The Stranger has run many a majestic typo in its day.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on December 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM · Report this
tomhenry 14
It took me forever to find the typo. Sigh.
Posted by tomhenry on December 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM · Report this
Public would also be incorrect. Charter schools are private schools that use public money.
Posted by Paytheprice on December 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM · Report this