Line Out Comments

tainte 1
jesus christ, they ARE playing together and playing a NEW SONG that they came up with while they were jamming. no, mccartney is not taking the place of cobain, that's just what lazy headline writers have come up with.
Posted by tainte on December 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM · Report this
Megan Seling 2
@1 But do you know how many page clicks the term "Nirvana reunion" gets? Christmas bonuses for everyone! Yay!
Posted by Megan Seling on December 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM · Report this
" But do you know how many page clicks the term "Nirvana reunion" gets?"

So you figured you might as well give it a shot too?

Also, I don't understand why you think Grohl and Novoselic would never agree to this? I believe Kurt himself would agree to this! The Beatles were hugely influential to Cobain.

Fingers crossed that they play __________!!!
Posted by this is awesomemmmememe on December 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM · Report this
Gurldoggie 4
I think of more as a Beatles reunion, with Kris in the Stu Sutcliffe role.
Posted by Gurldoggie http://gurldogg.blogspot.com on December 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM · Report this
@1 where did you hear that? I'm not questioning that you are wrong. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what Nirvana songs I could hear Paul singing, and the only two MAYBEs I could think of were Lithium, and No Apologies.
Posted by Smokes on December 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM · Report this
Also, I can see them bringing out "Band on the Run" since Dave G. has been rocking that out for a year or two now.
Posted by Smokes on December 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 7
I think it could work. Sir Paul has that little bit of quirk needed.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM · Report this
Posted by tainte on December 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM · Report this
Also, Pat Smear is playing too. FYI.
Posted by g on December 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM · Report this
Maybe this is the new lineup of Sublime With Rome.
Posted by g on December 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 11
Smells Like Gold Bond medicated.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on December 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM · Report this
Thank you @1 tainte! :-)
Posted by Smokes on December 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM · Report this
matt 13
As much a Beatles reunion as it is a Nirvana reunion.
Posted by matt on December 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 14
It's on the same level as Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook, and Stephen Morris "jamming" w/ Rod Stewart as a stand-in for Ian Curtis.

Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on December 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM · Report this
Helter Skelter, painfully loud and sloppy, followed by a total smashing of shit.
Posted by Sir Vic on December 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 16
Hey! Jude! I've got a new complaint!
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on December 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM · Report this
"I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello hello hello heeello..."
Posted by Chris B http://eccentric-orbit.org on December 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM · Report this
ballard dude 18
Of course it's not Nirvana, or the Beatles either. But come on, this rocks! Loud, messy, dirty, totally fuckin' badass. What's not to like here? Paul hasn't rocked this hard since, umm, since well before many Sloggers were born! How many guys his age can front a band and rock that hard? I'm sure it won't happen, but this lineup could produce some serious shit! And yeah, Kurt was a known Lennon fan, but I'm sure he would've been totally thrilled to be onstage with Paul.
Posted by ballard dude on December 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM · Report this
sirkowski 19
Cobain was the weakest link anyway.
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on December 13, 2012 at 2:09 AM · Report this
tainte 20
that was pretty damn cool. didya see grohl's buttcrack? it was pretty funny watching sir paul's drummer trying to get his kit back in order after grohl nirvana'd the shit outta them.

good rockin' stuff! paul can still scream at 70.
Posted by tainte on December 13, 2012 at 5:37 AM · Report this
Posted by matt on December 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM · Report this
@16 & @17--thanks for making my day.

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head
It amazes me the will of instinct
Posted by sourcloud on December 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM · Report this
I heard they would bring on Stevie Wonder and cover "Ebony and Ivory" a la Nirvana. I guess the stars didn't align.
Posted by akaton408 on December 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM · Report this