"This lie is the root of all Romney's other lies."

Damnit, Mudede, your posts are all so bloviatingly famili.... wait whaaaa, Paul Constant!?

Trolled again!

Posted by Juris on December 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM · Report this
theophrastus 2
all my life folks have offhandedly characterized mormons with: "well, they're supposedly especially honest and trustworthy" (often going on to relate some story akin to Howard Hughes only hiring mormons for that very reason). one can hope that this national evidence to the contrary will forever affect that reputation. at least one can hope.
Posted by theophrastus on December 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 3
Any means to an end. It is heartening to know that all that money and all those lies failed miserably.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 4
It is part of the Mormon belief structure that it is ok to lie for something if it is for the good of the church, which is easily rationalized into lying about anything that is in one's own best interest. For example:

"Being president would help the Mormons, so I can tell any lie I want and white American Jesus will be fine with it."

To be fair, his whole campaign was one big lie, so I can understand Politifact wanting to hone in on perhaps the biggest and most easily provable falsehood he told. I mean, that Jeep thing was a huge lie even for Mitt Romney, and proven false so easily.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on December 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM · Report this
More, I Say! 5
HUH. I remember a dry cleaner's in Bellevue having a similar message on their hangers...which I only know because once I needed to break into my car in the mall parking lot.
Posted by More, I Say! on December 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 6
It's worth remembering that the Republican Party's cream of the crop battled it out in the primary. The best and brightest. They had a rich, deep field of candidates. For Republicans.

Mitt Romney proved he was the best of that bunch. Fair and square.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on December 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 7
So we're going to keep talking about Romney for the next four years right? I suppose it beats having Slog posts about Palin...
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on December 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM · Report this
I wish I could say that the failure of the Romney campaign will put to rest forever the notion that a candidate can win by saying whatever the room wants to hear, changing positions at will, refusing to offer policy specifics, and refusing to answer any questions from the press, ever. I wish I could say that, but I suspect the only lesson the GOP will "learn" from this is to pick somebody who does it better.
Posted by Proteus on December 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM · Report this
sperifera 9
I miss Gay Dude for Romney. I have the sadz.
Posted by sperifera on December 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 10
@7 Not until we can do something funnier than this to Rmoney, it doesn't.

Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on December 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM · Report this
@10: That's a keeper.
Posted by MLM on December 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 12
@11 I think those guys *really did* win all the internets forever.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on December 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM · Report this
Free Lunch 13
@10 - Hah! "Fahrenheit All of Them" and "Driving Miss Crazy" are my favorites.
Posted by Free Lunch on December 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM · Report this
You've been busted. Romney was telling the truth when he said Jeep was moving business to China. Chrysler knew it way before Romney even said and lied to protect themselves and Obummer. What's more Obummer knew it too and he lied to the American people outright. Obama is destroying this country bit by bit and idiots like you just suck it up and say boy that kool aide is good.
Posted by yepitsme on January 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM · Report this
Well Libtards, the truth will set you free...in other words you owe Mitt Romney a huge apology. Chrysler is sending Manufacturing Jobs to, you guessed it, China. Yep, Obama lied when he said that's not true. You didn't really believe that Obama was honest and truthful did you? He has done nothing but attack our Constitutional Rights and lie ad nauseam for years. I can't believe there are so many uninformed and stupid people in the world. geesh.
Posted by yepitsme on January 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM · Report this