Pope Peabrain 1
Dyspepsia as performance art.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 2
There's no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on December 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM · Report this
That's kind of what I thought would happen. Are they then posting how terrible the experience was to their own food blogs complete with photos and diagrams?
Posted by LMcGuff http://holyoutlaw.livejournal.com/ on December 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM · Report this
blip 4
Can I ask where you found the fucks to give? I never seem to have enough.
Posted by blip on December 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM · Report this
Posted by eclexia on December 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM · Report this
@#4
I understand: in this department, you are one of the needy. The problem is that no one will help you with your deficit: no one gives a fnck to the needy, for their fnck-giving needs, just as in our wider society no one gives a fnck about the needy.
Posted by Warren Terra on December 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM · Report this
doesnt writing about how crazy it is to go to a 'bad' restaurant only give it more PR and more interest in the place?
Posted by Cassette tape fan on December 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM · Report this
LEE. 8
I could see myself doing this. The only thing is that I would call this "Deep Mealing" instead of ironic dining. That term sounds too crass, too incurious. There's nothing I can do to tarnish the reputation of Guy Fieri that he hasn't done to himself. All I can do is ask for an interesting experience.
Posted by LEE. on December 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM · Report this
JensR 9
Hahaha lovely :D

I don't wanna be rude or anything - but this kinda points out what kind of reader base most food critics have. did they all wear ironical glasses, had a thing for suits from the 40's and talked about sour-dough bread while eating?
Posted by JensR http://ohyran.se on December 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM · Report this
Canadian Nurse 10
$400 for a table of 7. So $60 each. Still aggravating, but not as much as if it was for a table of 4.
Posted by Canadian Nurse on December 13, 2012 at 5:39 AM · Report this
@10, and the diner noted they ordered many, many strong drinks to compensate for the food. That probably doubled the bill.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 13, 2012 at 8:00 AM · Report this