Geocrackr 1
Fuck him and horse he stole to ride in on.
Posted by Geocrackr on December 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM · Report this
Geocrackr 2
Also, fuck asshats like Chuck Schumer who enabled him after it was obvious even to them that he was a turncoat.
Posted by Geocrackr on December 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 3
I move that the door not be allowed to hit the gentleman from Connecticut on the ass on his way out. The cost of cleaning his ass prints from federal property could easily get out of control.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on December 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 4
I hope he moves to Israel. It's what he should have done a decade ago.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM · Report this
Mattini 5
Good riddance. And I'm still kind of mad at Gore for choosing this tool as his running mate.
Posted by Mattini on December 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this
I hope I'm not missing anything by refusing to watch the video. I've had quite enough of Joe Lieberman for one lifetime.
Posted by Brooklyn Reader on December 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM · Report this
sperifera 7
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! Buh. Bye.
Posted by sperifera on December 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM · Report this
biffp 8
Unprincipled super-douche. I'm guessing he has a Christmas tree in his office.
Posted by biffp on December 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM · Report this
kid icarus 9
So long, 'ole Vinegar Joe!
Posted by kid icarus http://absintheandoranges.com/ on December 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM · Report this
He is so fucking boring. I got 20 seconds in and had to stop.
Posted by ourkind on December 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM · Report this
Simply Me 11
I stopped watching at God.
Posted by Simply Me on December 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 12
"war-mongering assholes" aka your former VP candidate.
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on December 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 13
Who?

I thought he was the Ambassador from Fuckanistan ...
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on December 13, 2012 at 2:02 PM · Report this
Fnarf 14
I don't think there's ever been a speech on the Senate floor woth watching; certainly not within the last 150 years. It is the windiest spot on the planet, a gas giant on the scale of Jupiter. 100% of the work of the Senate takes place outside the chamber.

But even by the abysmal standards of the Senate Lieberman is historically bad, not just as an orator but as a political operator. He's a bad, bad senator and a bad, bad man.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on December 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM · Report this
I'll add my "good riddance" also.

I still think part of the reason Gore (just about) lost Florida was because he chose a VP as weasely and unlikeable as Lieberman. It didn't help that it came off as a politically shortsighted decision, like McCain's pick of Sarah Palin. It helped cement an image of Gore as a dispassionate, phony opportunist.

Oh, and John Edwards? Another weak and politically motivated choice. I was never sold on him.
Posted by floater on December 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM · Report this
Knat 16
Does this mean Jon Stewart has to retire his Sen. Joe "Droopy Dog" Lieberman impression? I'll miss that.
Posted by Knat on December 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM · Report this
brian 17
Six years too late.
Posted by brian on December 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM · Report this
@4 I thought that already was his primary residence. It's certainly been his primary constituency.
Posted by Sir Vic on December 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM · Report this
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on December 13, 2012 at 4:07 PM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 20
I hope he has a stroke.

Lieberman being Gore's running mate in 2000 makes me glad Bush won.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on December 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM · Report this
The comments above are exceptionally ignorant. Joe Lieberman brought a diversity of opinion to the democratic caucus and is actually one of the few principled members in the Senate. Just keep in mind that our Senators in Washington are part of the same old lame solution. They are as much in bed with special interests as any politician I have ever seen. Senator Lieberman is an important statesman the likes of which we are unlikely to see again in our lifetimes. I wish him the best in his retirement.
Posted by Lone Operator http://loneoperator.wordpress.com on December 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM · Report this
Paul, I don't understand. You say "good riddance to war-mongering assholes," yet you have spent thousands of words singing the praises of Barack Obama. This is a president who launches drone strikes, waits for rescuers to come to the aid of the injured and dying, and then launches another strike killing the rescuers. This is a president who tortures and imprison whistleblowers, executes and imprisons people without a trial, and is now expanding his remote-control mass-murder operation to every part of the globe. I agree that Lieberman is a war-mongering asshole... but for the life of me I can't see how he's any different from Obama. Please explain. Is it just because Lieberman changed that 'D' next to his name into an 'I'?
Posted by monorail on December 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM · Report this
eastcoastreader 23
So happy he's not going to be one of my Senators anymore.
Posted by eastcoastreader on December 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM · Report this
Pridge Wessea 24
@22 - This is satire, right?

Posted by Pridge Wessea on December 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM · Report this
Wandergeist 25
I always called him "Hueless Joe"
Posted by Wandergeist on December 14, 2012 at 2:27 AM · Report this
Knat 26
@19: Thank you for that.
Posted by Knat on December 14, 2012 at 2:33 PM · Report this
Joe was instrumental in repeal of DADT.
Posted by Christopher J on December 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM · Report this
rob! 28
@26, thanks for the reminder.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on December 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM · Report this