Love can be so messy.
Posted by SeattleKim on December 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM · Report this
Love is flinching while reading items 1 through 3.
Posted by gloomy gus on December 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM · Report this
Oh Dan, you crazy romantic you!
Posted by Beth on December 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 4
Love is...

... a score of zero in tennis?
Posted by Urgutha Forka on December 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM · Report this
Man, I'd just shoved a bite of cupcake in my mouth before reading "Love is making out with someone after you've blown a load on his/her face." There is cupcake all over my keyboard. I nearly choked. It was worth it :)
Posted by dizzylizzy on December 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM · Report this
For point 2... How does a woman blow a load on her partner's face? No snark, I'm just curious if I've missed out on a sexual experience.
Posted by GArRo on December 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM · Report this
fannerz 8
@7: It's not so much "blowing" or "a load" but if you go down on a girl for a while, there is a far amount of liquid that ends up on your face.
Posted by fannerz on December 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM · Report this
Corylea 9
I wonder how the 2012 Dan would have answered this question...
Posted by Corylea http://corylea.com/ on December 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM · Report this
@7, or she can squirt on her partner's face during cunnilingus, if she has those glands that can squirt. Skene's glands.
Posted by Drusilla on December 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM · Report this
venomlash 11
@8: And for straight guys who have beards...speaking from experience, it's trouble.
Posted by venomlash on December 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM · Report this
nocutename 12
@9: I fear that Dan2012 would have been far less silly, gross, and entertaining. Dan's done some wonderful growing and he has a larger audience and is occasionally very supportive and caring, but he's also either gotten cautious about his language or more aware of his influence, and the humor has occasionally been sacrificed.

Posted by nocutename on December 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM · Report this
Heh. Another example of Mr. Savage giving someone to cry about, "Oh I don't like all that vulgar language." Well here he goes technically using no coarse language and technically answering the question while actually getting a laugh.
Posted by DRF on December 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM · Report this
Dougsf 14
Pretty much the answers those questions deserved.
Posted by Dougsf on December 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM · Report this
I would kind of agree with @14.

I think Dan may be confusing post-coital lust for love but that's just me. Maybe it was a clumsy way of saying that even with flaws, you see the wonder and greatness of another person.

As someone married almost 30 years (how did that happen?), I offer this as to being in love and knowing the "one" :

If that person matters to you in a way others don't.

If that person makes you laugh or smile or be happy in a way others don't.

If that person's flaws/bad habits don't annoy you the way they would in another person.

That person's smile/kiss/touch/voice thrills you (and consistently so).

But mostly two things:

- you feel only acceptance and love with this person. You can show your true face to that person without fear of being rejected or laughed at.

Not anger or even worse, contempt. Love means never holding the other person in contempt.

- that person has your back. Meaning, you trust that person. If you don't believe that person will stand by you in good and bad, he/she is not the one. If YOU won't stand by the person in good and bad, you aren't in love.
Posted by westello on December 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM · Report this
Q How does a man know he's in love?
A His girlfiend taps him on the backside and says "You're in, love."

Posted by St Thomas on December 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM · Report this
Q How does a man know he's in love?
A His girlfiend taps him on the backside and says "You're in, love."

Posted by St Thomas on December 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM · Report this
venomlash 18
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.
Posted by venomlash on December 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM · Report this
Can't we retire the concept of THE one?
Posted by vennominon on December 18, 2012 at 9:04 PM · Report this
sissoucat 20
@19 True.

Nothing in Dan's description precludes there being other lovers with whom sharing breakfast and juices is as sweet and nice.
Posted by sissoucat on December 19, 2012 at 2:58 AM · Report this
smajor82 21
@12 Well, 2012 Dan DID choose to re-post it, so ...
Posted by smajor82 on December 19, 2012 at 7:09 AM · Report this
Westello @15: after almost 20 years with my partner, I love him dearly, but it's not all roses. Love for me is that he's my best friend. When his quirks annoy me, I just ride them out as his downsides are so minimal compared to his upsides and I know that with no reservation. And he accepts my quirky -- and often annoying -- self for who I am. We respect each other's independence, privacy, and autonomy while at the same time functioning as a unit. That's love. Along with, of course, a sex life we're both happy with.
Posted by Funky Monkey on December 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM · Report this
Ophian 23
@20 Aren't we all just looking for someone[s] with which to share breakfast and juices?
Posted by Ophian on December 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM · Report this