Paul Merrill 1
I know it was probably a typo, but I'd like to point out that The Nuge does NOT have a column at the prestigious, award-winning Washington Post and instead writes for the right-wing dung heap Washington Times. Ahem!
Posted by Paul Merrill on December 20, 2012 at 10:49 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 2
One of the many reasons cable TV is a pathetic waste of money
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on December 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM · Report this
keshmeshi 3
Allegedly? He bragged about it. Surely, if the man himself admits to it, we can toss out the legalese.
Posted by keshmeshi on December 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM · Report this
How does the Nuge make money? I realize that trailer living in the mid west is cheap, but the guy owns like ten four-wheelers. Are there that many decaying red neck meth-moms out there reflexively re-purchasing Cat Scratch Fever over and over?
Posted by tkc on December 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 5
Reality becomes too real for Reality.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM · Report this
I hope that means Discovery will start doing more science stuff. History channel needs to do more history. These reality show, aliens, etc. are so mind-numbingly dumb.
Posted by CbytheSea on December 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM · Report this
YakHerder 7
and "well-regulated" means, well, regulated.
Posted by YakHerder on December 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM · Report this
Pick1 8
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
Posted by Pick1 on December 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM · Report this
@7 though it would've been hilarious if it had been been 'kinda sorta regulated, ya'know,'
Posted by CbytheSea on December 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM · Report this
Queen of Sleaze 10
I'm inclined to agree with @6... I don't care so much about Discovery but I do wish History Channel would do more history. Although I am glad they are less obsessed with WWII these days. I will also fully admit that I will totally watch some Moonshiners and Swamp People. I did also like Mountain Men, mostly because I think Tom is adorable and I wish he was my grandpa. Since that's not possible I at least wish he'd make me some moccasins.
Posted by Queen of Sleaze on December 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM · Report this
@10 I'd have no problem with Rural Folk TV. Move all those shows to it. It'd probably a hit. Shit, you could have the Blue Collar Comedy dudes do the introductions. Broadcast Texas high school football games on Friday.
Posted by CbytheSea on December 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM · Report this
The cable TV demographic is rural and uneducated??? Igt seems Mr. Brissey has his axes reversed ... or is just tossing slurs randomly into the ether.

The broadcast demographic is disproportionately rural ... and in urban areas, the broadcast demographic leans uneducated.`
Posted by RonK, Seattle on December 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM · Report this
sperifera 13
@12 - Fox "News" is on cable, so 'nuf said.
Posted by sperifera on December 20, 2012 at 2:07 PM · Report this
@13 -- That makes no sense. None. If you've decided that being convinced of your own righteousness gives you license to blather on without thethers to reality, maybe you've become infected by Republican ethics.
Posted by RonK, Seattle on December 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM · Report this