Yeah, this is the first I'm hearing of this "other" box. Thanks for the tip, found a couple personal messages amidst the detritus.
Posted by Levislade http://ballofwax.org on December 21, 2012 at 9:41 AM · Report this
Posted by Matt the Engineer on December 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM · Report this
Do I get the dollar? I think I should get the dollar.
Posted by giffy on December 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM · Report this
seandr 5
"Rather, Facebook has ruined event invites," the promoter said*

Really? That's about the only thing I use Facebook for anymore.

P.S. Neumos - put your fucking shows on Facebook already.
Posted by seandr on December 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM · Report this
Yeah, I had no idea there was an "other" box. I discovered that I missed about a dozen messages I would have liked to have had in 2011.
Posted by Sheryl on December 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM · Report this
Q*bert H. Humphrey 7
Oh jesus christ, what is this "Other" thing? I have 53 messages in here, and they all appear to be regarding the Kickstarter I did a few months ago. I look like a jerk. I had no idea this even existed.
Posted by Q*bert H. Humphrey on December 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM · Report this
littlejilm 8
Facebook also generously offered to let me pay them $7 to "move my message up in my friend's news feed" yesterday. I've seen this done with business accounts but this is the first I've seen of this pay-to-play system in my personal account.
Posted by littlejilm on December 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM · Report this
Fnarf 9
Some of my friends have started posting dubious messages on my wall. I can believe that my friend likes VW Beetles, since she owns one, but I find it unlikely that she subsequently is liking a different VW model every day, complete with clickable link to a dealer.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on December 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM · Report this
Mattini 10
Ditto @6. When I first learned about my 'Other' folder, I sent about a dozen apologetic messages. Which were probably ignored, as they went into the recipients 'Other' folders.
Posted by Mattini on December 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM · Report this
@2 and @3 the difference is Chad has been making money off of you storing your shit in his storage unit, possibly by having vendors pay him so they can set up right outside his storage unit and hawk goods to you. Chad has been whoring you out to these vendors for years (if you're not paying for the product you are the product), but now Chad wants to step it up and whore out your stuff too. Some people are willing to let themselves be whored out but not their stuff. The internet has given people funny values about that sort of thing.
Posted by tal on December 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM · Report this
Well, a dollar a message should at least be enough to stop people from profitably sending penile-enhancement advertisements with this.
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on December 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM · Report this