emor 1
I just spent the last hour reading this stoy. It is powerful stuff. Tragic and powerful. Absolutely gripping.
Posted by emor on December 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM · Report this
gttim 2
I finished that this morning. The story was incredible. How it was presented was awesome! They took a big leap forward on how to present stories on the web. I hope more websites follow suit. The internet could become vastly more interesting.
Posted by gttim on December 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM · Report this
While beautiful, I find this type of thing to be distracting. Instead of just reading the story, I find myself poking around and trying to make sure I don't miss any clever interactive shit. The problem is that it's nonlinear -- you can't just take in the story and be done.
Posted by beef rallard on December 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM · Report this
Just ignore the interviews/etc. and read the words. Words are all you need.
Posted by sarah70 on December 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM · Report this
onion 5
meh. the only real compelling reason to read it is the novel multimedia experience. i found myself skimming the story...all the details about each skier etc. just seemed boring. a bunch of thrill-seekers who made a pretty human and not unexpected mistake. i did not find that very compelling.
tragic, yes. but is that all we are gawking at here? isn't this story just more rubbernecking at other people's misfortune?
Posted by onion on December 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM · Report this
biffp 6
@1, completely agree. Mesmerizing.
Posted by biffp on December 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM · Report this
Love the trails on the maps/photos that progress along with the text.
Posted by midwaypete on December 21, 2012 at 3:40 PM · Report this
Having skied the run several times, the level of detail of the reporting and the interactive information was amazing. Seeing the details of how I lost a friend was heartbreaking. A great article, amazing design work and a warning to those of who do ski outside the rope lines.
Posted by Jayzor on December 21, 2012 at 5:59 PM · Report this
Some behind the scenes info:…
Posted by ohthetrees on December 21, 2012 at 6:51 PM · Report this
Absolutely mesmerizing in its beautiful reporting, I spent an hour reading it also.
Posted by richardc020 on January 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM · Report this