TVDinner 1
Nothing says love like a fella who shoots you in front of your children.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on December 27, 2012 at 7:35 AM · Report this
Etherite 2
Fantastic! I-517 would give those jerks carte blanche to be as in your face as they want and get away with it. Walking to work down Pine could be even more fun now!
Posted by Etherite on December 27, 2012 at 7:38 AM · Report this
seatackled 3
Well, to be fair, one could argue that the elderly woman wouldn't have been raped if she had only come to the door with a gun loaded and ready to fire, as all our elderly should do.

Same thing with the tea plantation boss. All our bosses should be armed and ready to shoot their workers.
Posted by seatackled on December 27, 2012 at 7:46 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 4
That site on McConnell has an article that calls to mind the same situation on the fiscal cliff in 1932. Obama has reminded me of Roosevelt before this, and, if history repeats, this could be another watershed moment in American history.
Posted by Pope Peabrain on December 27, 2012 at 8:05 AM · Report this
Last of the Time Lords 5
I can't WAIT for the comments that will start with "I'm a gun owner and blah blah blah".

Popcorn time!!!
Posted by Last of the Time Lords on December 27, 2012 at 8:11 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 6
As a vegan gun owner...
Posted by Theodore Gorath on December 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM · Report this
seatackled 7
Anyone have a link to that Snow White parody set in a black neighborhood? And if you can find it, can you also tell me what search terms you used?
Posted by seatackled on December 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM · Report this
dear gun owners, can you explain something?

how is the glock useful for defense of your home, if you have to keep it locked in a gun safe?

alternatively, if it's loaded, and ready, and by your hand while you sleep, say on the nigth table -- isn't it available for your teenage kid to take? or for the intruder?

I don't get how it can be both "safely stored, so the new lanza kid doesn't take it!" and "ready to shoot an intruder into my home, it takes a man with a gun to stop a monster bad guy with a gun!"

pls. explain.

also this: if part of the purpose is to deter intruders, sort of shift their attention to the pansy assed liberals who refuse to arm themselves, why isn't publishing a map noting all gun owners addresses a good thing?
seems like you all would want that. unless you're like afraid you might be called on to engage in free speech on gun issues, or something else terrifying. thanks for the explanations and have a nice day!
Posted by actually using first amendment! on December 27, 2012 at 8:27 AM · Report this
I'm okay with the harassment-free zone as long as it goes both ways. Don't chase after me with your stupid little clipboard when I ignore your pleas for me to sign your stupid papers.
Posted by suddenlyorcas on December 27, 2012 at 8:29 AM · Report this
Dr_Awesome 10
#8, If you register, more folks will see your post. Many people have the checkbox set for 'hide unregistered comments'.

You raise good questions. If a gun is properly secured, either in a gun safe or with a trigger lock, then it can not be accessed very quickly and under adverse conditions.

My dad kept a loaded .357 under his pillow til the day he died (peacefully, in his sleep). Made for some unintended horror/hilarity when the family came to tidy up his house after his passing.

Also I suspect many hard-core gun owners believe even their safely-locked-away guns will protect their security when the day comes that they must rise up against the tyrannical government.

As to the addresses being published- I dunno. I assume most of them already have the sign in their window with a muzzle's eye view of a gun and text reading "Protected by Smith & Wesson". So their neighbors at least must know where the gun owners are.

Given that most residential burglaries happen during daylight when no-one is home, it all seems stupid. Having the sign, knowing the addresses, thinking a gun will prevent a crime...
Posted by Dr_Awesome on December 27, 2012 at 8:41 AM · Report this
Like we needed more proof that Tim Eyman is a scared little pussy.
Posted by Die Tim Die on December 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM · Report this
fletc3her 12
It's the make Eyman's life easier initiative. Send him money. His job is hard.
Posted by fletc3her on December 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 13
Perhaps Mitch McConnell is "hiking the Appalachian Trail?"
Posted by Urgutha Forka on December 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM · Report this
Fuck Tim L-Eyman.
I wish he'd fall into a well and not get rescued.
Posted by StuckInUtah on December 27, 2012 at 9:36 AM · Report this
Fenrox 15
Banish Tim Eyman.
Posted by Fenrox on December 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM · Report this
Volo 16
How is anyone seeing Book of Mormon? I thought I made ok money, but $800 for a pair of pretty bad seats seems crazy.
Posted by Volo on December 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM · Report this
Well of course they would burn the bad boss to death in India, water is sacred there, so they would logically forego any waterboarding of that ogre.

Where Do Billionaires Come From?

(The little girl, Jun Hao, ran into the ultra-modern kitchen, in the year 2440, to ask her mother an important question from school.)

"Mommy, mommy, do you know where billionaires come from? We had this subject today in class, and it's still confusing to me. It was about some place long ago called oosa!"

"Oosa," responded her mother?

"Oh, Juni, you mean the USA, a country which existed centuries ago, a completely corrupt, fraud-based society."

"Well...." began the mother, "..it goes like this...."

During a period in the late 20th century, and very early 21st century, the evil greedy people in that country performed a number of insurance swindles, it was really that simple.

Companies like Ambac and MBIA sold unregulated insurance, in the form of credit default swaps, which they had no capital to back up, and when they had to payout, they couldn't, and therefore all those municipal, and other, bonds they had insured in that country were immediately downgraded, but their owners, that is, the owners of Ambac and MBIA, made a fortune by selling all that unregulated insurance they couldn't back up.

In fact, the largest insurance company, AIG, sold $460 billion worth of unregulated insurance, also called credit default swaps, which made them a fortune, but they also had no money to back up those insurance policies they sold to hedge funds and the major banks (Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup and Bank of America), so the government, those taxpayers, had to bail them out.

So the insurance swindlers made billions off of the ignorant citizenry, and that's where their billionaires came from, my darling.

But thanks to them, and their shipping all their jobs and technology and investment to China, and we Chinese using their greedy ways against them, today the Chinese Daffodil Imperium rules the entire planet. And sometime around 2025, the Chinese government wisely put to death all their greedy billionaires.
More...
Posted by sgt_doom on December 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM · Report this
MrBaker 18
I'm looking forward to daring the signature hustlers to call the cops when I express my 1st Amendment rights. I'll see those fuckers in court, if that's what they want.
Posted by MrBaker http://manywordsforrain.blogspot.com/ on December 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM · Report this
Eyman's initiative is ridiculous. If you can't ask signature gatherers questions (especially the paid ones), then that's a First Amendment issue as they are in public places. And six months to gather signatures!? Nonsense.
Posted by westello on December 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM · Report this
sperifera 20
Our initiative process in Washington has been hijacked by the likes of Tim Eyman, and rendered effectively useless to the masses. It is now a tool of big biz. I have just as much a constitutional right to free speech within that 25 feet as I do outside of it, so fuck you Tim Eyman.
Posted by sperifera on December 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM · Report this
MrBaker 21
If the Senate Republicans will, by current Senate rules, keep a bill that could pass with majority of voting members in both chambers then its about time to change the rules.

I must be the only one thinking this.
Posted by MrBaker http://manywordsforrain.blogspot.com/ on December 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM · Report this
keshmeshi 22
@19,

Not just six months, an *additional* six months to the time they already have. As if Eyman has ever had trouble getting enough signatures for his bullshit initiatives.

Signature gatherers are obnoxious enough as it is. One grabbed my arm and tried to drag me over to his table a few years ago. A woman protested those signature gatherers that same year, and the little wimps complained to Safeway management to make her go away. What we need are more regulations to keep those assholes from violating *our* rights.
Posted by keshmeshi on December 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM · Report this
Bauhaus I 23
I suppose negotiations with the Taliban must have some merit or else no one would bother, but who the fuck is going to believe anything the Taliban promises? They're a bunch of smiling, lying, murderous motherfuckers.
Posted by Bauhaus I on December 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM · Report this
vavavarooooom 24
@3 - the slog's official position is that to avoid being raped, women should not leave the house unescorted at all. A gun is unnecessary if you have a big, strong, man to protect you.

@7 -- It was a parody of Beauty and the Beast, called Beauty and the Beat. http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/06/urban-b…
Posted by vavavarooooom on December 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM · Report this
@16:

Some of us bought our Book of Mormon tickets back in May, when they went on sale to the in-the-know.
Posted by N in Seattle http://peacetreefarm.org on December 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM · Report this
Phoebe in Wallingford 26
Westboro Baptist will go soft before the Taliban ever does.
Posted by Phoebe in Wallingford on December 27, 2012 at 3:59 PM · Report this
Simone 27
Can I sign an Eyman clipboard with the signature "Unregistered Comment"?
Posted by Simone on December 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM · Report this
seatackled 28
@25 Thanks--no wonder fricking "Snow White" wasn't gettin' me any results.
Posted by seatackled on December 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM · Report this