Theodore Gorath 1
"Turn off and do not read unregistered commenters" should be on there.

I admit, my curiosity has gotten the better of me before, but I stand strong and vow never to click that little faded gray box again.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on January 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 2
I made a New Year's resolution in 1995 to never make another New Year's resolution.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM · Report this
Fnarf 3
I resolved to go an entire year without annoying the crap out of Mrs. Fnarf. I didn't even make it to noon.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on January 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM · Report this
I have had the same resolution for three years now -- one that, for the first time in my life, I have actually kept (at least, 99% of the time.)

I carry cash for the first in my life. And when purchasing goods at locally owned stores, I pay cash rather than credit or mess with a check. Exceptions -- gas stations. I give myself a pass on walking inside to pay for my gas first.

If we all did this, if we COULD all do this (a wish for the world! some folks are in trouble financially and have no choice), local stores would make more money, to spend at other local stores, who would spend at maybe your place of business. The only loser is the banks. Boo hoo, banks.
Posted by bareboards on January 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM · Report this
gwhayduke 5
Ditto @4. Good thinking. As a vegan, I believe that we should vote with our money, and it's pretty easy to argue that supporting people rather than massive corporations is an excellent cast.

As a vegan, I resolve to do my best to model excellent behavior.

As a vegan, I resolve to eat more whole foods, which includes planning and growing a garden that consumes fairly little water.

As a vegan, I resolve to attempt to make compassionate choices whenever they are available, and to analyze my thought processes when it becomes clear that I did not.
Posted by gwhayduke http://www.farmsanctuary.org/videos/celebrity-ambassadors/ellen-degeneres-shares-why-she-supports-farm-sanctuary/ on January 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM · Report this
@1 (Theodore Gorath): Thank you. Done and done. I used to imagine that an anonymous whistleblower might eventually post something something mindblowingly revelatory and important, but no: unregistered comments at the Stranger are seemingly always from trolls, and unusually nasty trolls at that.
Posted by PCM on January 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 7
Having ended 2013 as a Vegan, I have made a resolution to buy meat once in a while.

Remember, meat is murder, but driving to work kills more people and animals.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM · Report this
Sandiai 8
@2 Did it work?

Posted by Sandiai on January 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 9
I am trying to teach myself German. Learning a language is harder than I remembered.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on January 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM · Report this
My New Year's Resolution is not to make any New Year's Resolutions. Wait - I just made one! D'OH!
Posted by I have always been... east coaster on January 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM · Report this