Alicia 1
I intially read this as "hot AI-on-AI action" -- AI as in artificial intelligence. Damn sans serif fonts.
Posted by Alicia http://aliciaaho.com on January 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM · Report this
pg13 2
@1--It's a serif font on my laptop.

Al Jazeera America is doomed by their name because 'Murica. A smarter move? They should keep the Current name and adopt it for all of their efforts.

(In other words: You simply can't expect to make Americans buy Bimbo baked goods, no matter how cute their bear is...)
Posted by pg13 on January 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM · Report this
I would be very interested in watching Al Jazeera English; but I'm pretty sure Al Jazeera America will be the same sort of drivel we already get.
Posted by madcap on January 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 4
#1

Alternatively, bodacious use of steak sauce.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM · Report this
Matt the Engineer 5
I'm starting to feel bad for the dumb conservatives. They're still dealing with the whole Obama / Osama thing, and the Brack Hussein / Saddam Hussein thing. How are they ever going to get Al Jazeera / Al Queda thing straight when you add in an Al Gore?
Posted by Matt the Engineer on January 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM · Report this
Al Jazeera and Al Gore are coming out with spicy A1 AI sauce?
Posted by Calvin&Hobbes on January 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM · Report this
Wondering what Futurama might do with this ...
Posted by RonK, Seattle on January 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM · Report this
The comments on the item in the Yahoo! news briefs are poisonous enough already. I don't want to think what the conservabloggers and the neocon pundits are going to make of it.
Posted by Calpete on January 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM · Report this
Fuck!

I can't imagine Al Jazeera will be keeping the Stephanie Miller Show...
Posted by I read Al-Anon, myself on January 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 10
lose AM1090, gain Al Jazeera. Even Steven!
Posted by Max Solomon on January 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM · Report this
"I can't wait to see what conservative blogs do with this news"

Hmm, since News Corp's second largest stockholder is Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Alsaud, I'm betting the conservative blogs won't say a goddamn thing, because FOX News won't tell them to...

Source:
Posted by CPN on January 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM · Report this
I thought this would be about Al Anon.
Posted by sarah70 on January 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM · Report this
I don't think you're getting enough credit for the headline. It's phenomenal. really.
Posted by boogens on January 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM · Report this
watchout5 14
I got into an argument once with someone who claimed that because RT was a Russian based "news" station it couldn't be possible for anything said on their station to be anything but Soviet propaganda. Mind you, this was on facebook groups, but still, there's this mentality out there that ownership implies bias before content can even be shown.
Posted by watchout5 http://www.overclockeddrama.com on January 3, 2013 at 2:55 AM · Report this
Last of the Time Lords 15
Al Jazeera? Sounds like cable could now be almost worth having.
Posted by Last of the Time Lords on January 3, 2013 at 3:40 AM · Report this
Max Solomon 16
@14: murdoch lowered the bar, but that's how my parents viewed the NYT, too.
Posted by Max Solomon on January 3, 2013 at 6:45 AM · Report this