I think the statement would work better as "a subset of white males against everyone else", so that's it's clear there are plenty of white males on both sides. I still don't agree, insofar as a sizable proportion of Republican voters are female, even if the leadership is male, though the past against the future is apt.
Posted by Lynx on January 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM · Report this
Asparagus! 3
As a white male, I can assure you that most white males are, indeed, sociopathic dickbags.
Posted by Asparagus! on January 4, 2013 at 9:07 AM · Report this
@1: Agreed. The GOP as it is today is a party of a particular group of white males - and white females - that share little with people like me apart from skin color and, possibly, some life experiences associated with that skin color. In fact, at least here in the Northeast, I'd say I know slightly more conservative women than men, although the count of either is pretty negligible.
Posted by NateMan on January 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM · Report this
Charles Mudede 5
@1, that's what i meant by the rest: "(the rest includes white males)"
Posted by Charles Mudede on January 4, 2013 at 9:13 AM · Report this
Charles Mudede 8
@6, what does he have to do with this post? it's like asking me for an opinion of adam lanza. so out of the blue.
Posted by Charles Mudede on January 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM · Report this
TVDinner 9
While we all know what the troll's ugly agenda is, and it is not one worth paying attention to, it does seem just a tad hypocritical for you, Charles, to call somebody else out for a non-sequitur, Mister King of the Non-sequiturs.
Posted by TVDinner http:// on January 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM · Report this
As long as there are more Elizabeth Warrens, and fewer Maria Cantwells and Diane Feinsteins, I'll be satisfied....
Posted by sgt_doom on January 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM · Report this
venomlash 15
@9: I went "huehuehuehuehuehue" in my chair.
Posted by venomlash on January 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM · Report this