Will in Seattle 1
I thought there were 12 candidates?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM · Report this
Teslick 3
Y'all still think McGinn is going to survive the primary?
Posted by Teslick on January 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM · Report this
Ron Sims a transit advocate??? This is the guy who turned against Link light rail and opposed Sound Transit's 2008 ballot measure to expand the system.

At his root level, Ron is a legislative personality, not an executive. He was not a good fit as County Executive and I doubt he would be any better as Seattle Mayor. Better to wait go for a seat in Congress next year.
Posted by Citizen R on January 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM · Report this
I really can't deal with all these people who'd have my vote if running by themselves (with the exception of Tim Burgess) suddenly glutting a single spot in the ballot, because it forces me to choose among a bunch of people I like and, in addition, I can't bear the thought of all these well-respected public servants resorting to the back-stabbing blood sport of traditional gladiator politics.

As of now, McGuinn has my vote, but I'll see who ends playing like the more noble warrior.
Posted by floater on January 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM · Report this
Dominic Holden 7
@2) Oh, heavens, a political writer is speculating on the chances of a potential candidate. Get the smelling salts! (And I did email him, FWIW, but I don't have anything to report.)
Posted by Dominic Holden on January 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 8
Heck, lots of good candidates running for Mayor, but McGinn still has my vote.

Got Snow?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM · Report this
kitschnsync 9
Sims says that class riots are unavoidable. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Coming from a would-be elected official, it seems he should focus on potential solutions, not scary prognosticating.
Posted by kitschnsync on January 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM · Report this
Max Solomon 10
Mayors don't say "gonna". They say "going to".
Posted by Max Solomon on January 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM · Report this
Joe Szilagyi 11
The fun speculation with each entrant is wondering who won't survive the primary. I don't see McGinn or Burgess surviving a Sims entry.

Sims stays out: Burgess versus Murray in the final. Murray by 5.

Sims joins in: Sims versus Murray in the final. Sims by 2.
Posted by Joe Szilagyi http://twitter.com/joeszi on January 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM · Report this
@11, I notice you don't mention Steinbrueck, which seems logical because a Sims entry would just elbow him out of the way.

@10, Sims says "gonna" because he's a verbal guy, not a presentation guy.
Posted by sarah70 on January 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM · Report this
Oh PLEASE no! Why Ron Sims? what's he done that is so wonderful? Do we really want to hear recycled, worn out stories about his children being born and listen to that so-predictable cadence and have inappropriate hugs? We've had more than enough of Ron Sims - and don't do the "he's got executive experience" thing. Exactly!! Which is why millions and millions went down a rathole instead of a new computer system and why we're paying for Brightwater when it wasn't even needed - and then there's the question of why he didn't last long in the Obama administration . . .

Please no.
Posted by Fluffy on January 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM · Report this
@4 Yup. And fuck him for that.
Posted by giffy on January 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM · Report this