He's anti-gay and anti-Israel. Fuck him.
Posted by Reader01 on January 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM · Report this
Paul, How dare you talk about this in this flip condescending manner. You aren't qualified to talk about this. You are just trying to generate hits. Hipster!!!!
Posted by cracked on January 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 3
I was remembering back in high school when the only people who cared about politics were the social study nerds who made their parents subscribe to US News and World Report. Now everyone cares.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM · Report this
Given that Barrack Obama really likes drone strikes and will therefore never nominate a candidate who opposes them, who should he pick instead of Brennan?
Posted by blar on January 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM · Report this
I support drone strikes and I support hurting John McCain's feelings. So I'm fine with these nominations.
Posted by GermanSausage on January 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM · Report this
Have we discussed the Joel Connolly report that Gregoire will be nominated to head EPA?
Posted by gloomy gus on January 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM · Report this
I like the idea of the theory that Obama wants Hagel so that he can cut the defense budget.

Further, I agree with Hagel's goal to reduce reality to a more synthetic unity within the system of transcendental idealism by expression in rational categories and it's far-reaching impact on the Defense Department as a whole.

Leave it to Republicans to purposefully misconstrue his dictum that "the rational alone is real" is an antisemitic statement.
Posted by David Hume could out-consume Chuck Hagel on January 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM · Report this
I agree with this editorial: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20…
which is why I support his nomination.
Posted by Ross on January 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM · Report this
wilbur@work 9
Also, I <3 drone strikes.

Would you prefer a stupid-ass ground war?
Posted by wilbur@work on January 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM · Report this
Rotten666 10
@3 I can assure you that the vast majority of High School students still don't give a shit about politics.,
Posted by Rotten666 on January 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM · Report this
passionate_jus 11
Not everyone who wants to reinstate the draft is a hawk.

I want to reinstate the draft and make it so that there are no deferments for both men and women (exception being certifiable mental illness).

That way, next time there is a war, people will have to give a shit about it, including the bastards in Congress who might vote to authorize it.

As it is now, no one gives a shit since very few Americans are affected by our modern wars such as Iraq and Afghanistan.
Posted by passionate_jus on January 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM · Report this
eastcoastreader 12
@11 I totally agree. if we had mandatory military service we won't even have wars anymore.
Posted by eastcoastreader on January 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM · Report this
@1

You're mixing up "anti-Israel" with "daring to question the infallibility of every action by every Israeli government ever, no matter how detrimental to their own best interests and regional peace." Common mistake in our country.
Posted by Hutch on January 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM · Report this
@13 - nope
Posted by Reader01 on January 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM · Report this
@ 3, US News & World Report (now owned by Morty Zuckerman, the douchetard dood) has ALWAYS been a completely fictional mag and rag.

@ 6, No sane person ever discusses Joel C.
Posted by sgt_doom on January 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM · Report this