NotSean 2
@1 Plbbbb.
Posted by NotSean on January 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 3
@1

Why so angry? This is killing you, isn't it? It burns and burns and burns. Used to be you guys respected the right of individuals to do what they choose with the money they earned.

Even I'm not that excited about a gun buyback. But you're losing your shit over it.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 4
FUCK YEA!!!
Time to build zip guns.
Imma gonna be rich!!!

So now you are telling people to donate to the racist, Mexican piss beating police foundation?

Not that I expected you to have any integrity.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on January 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 5
@4

Why would you go build a zip gun just because somebody offered you below market value for the real gun you have? You know the point here is for people who'd rather have $100 than a gun, and who don't want to go to a lot of effort, like shopping the gun around for a good price.

Somebody who'd build a zip gun is somebody who wants a gun. Somebody too lazy to sell their gun at a good price is too lazy to build a zip gun.

It's all about the hate with you. You don't even care any more; you're just a knee-jerk hater.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM · Report this
Cascadian Bacon 7
@5
It not about hate it is about is about the love, the love of cash monies.

$100 for the 30 minutes it takes to build a zip gun out of $10 in hardware, pretty good deal. I also might turn in a pistol I have with a cracked frame after I strip it of parts.

Then I can offer two gift cards for their glock.

And the 200 for an assault rifle is ludicrous, they are going for around $2000 right now dues to the threat of a ban. I might show up with cash in hand to save one from the smelter.

That sad thing is that buybacks are great places for gang members to dispose of murder guns, no questions axed.
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on January 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 8
@7

Yes. You do that. Go make yourself some money. Who's stopping you? You think you're the only one who every thought of any of this? It's known. By all concerned.

Now go make some money. Take pics. Blog it. Laugh all the way to the bank.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 9
@7

The hardest part is getting your mom to drive you to the store and spot you $10, of course. Try mowing the lawn.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM · Report this
For those of you who aren't impressed with this effort, don't worry, this is only the start. There will be a lot of legislation limiting gun purchases and ownership too, along with increased mental health funding. This is happening now because it's quick, easy, and local. Violent crime is a complex issue, and as there are many causes, there are many fixes. Some will take longer than others. But again, many small steps will get us there. But please, don't let hard facts ruin your need to post shitty comments online.
Posted by Meinert on January 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 13
@11

No, no. By all means, please share with us the names of those in your world who "have a clue". Wayne LaPierre? Ron Paul? I dunno. Ted Nugent? You tell me.

You're obviously a racist who can barely write a sentence, so being laughed at by the likes of you isn't much of a thing. But who are your intellectual paragons, and what pearls of wisdom do they have to share on the foolishness of gun buybacks? I want to be enlightened. Please?
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM · Report this
Mister G - I'm tossing in my own money. So are lots of other people.

And, as facts go, the 24 hour thing isn't over. The City still supports it, and with a new Governor, and new Liquor Board, we'll likely see it this year or next. Change happens slowly. It takes many battles, and every winner loses some of those along the way. I'm in for the long haul. And I win.
Posted by Meinert on January 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM · Report this
Boring Dad is Boring 17
I love buybacks, let 'em rip. Even better if you drive up the price of street guns that criminals use to shoot each other, but that's probably quite a few more zeroes on the numbers involved- maybe we could shitcan the DEA budget and use those funds? And if there's any $ left over, prosecute violent criminals into the ground and (this will sound weird, I know) put some kind of better protection near vulnerable people, even if it's just at the level that a suburban electronics store might use?
Posted by Boring Dad is Boring on January 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM · Report this
fletc3her 18
I know several people who have been left with guns after a loved one passed away. They know they have value, but don't really want to deal with them. This kind of buyback gives them an incentive to get them out of the garage.

I guess the police will take guns off people's hands most any time, but that doesn't have the added incentive to spur action.
Posted by fletc3her on January 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 21
@15

What? Blah blah blah mumble mumble mumble.

I want to read the words of the intellectual giants you speak of who think gun buy backs are stupid. You said there were same real smarties who were laughing at Seattle's progressives.

Speak, brilliant orators! Who is your Gunbert Einstein? Your Stevgun Hawking? Names. I want names. I want the titles of their clever rejoinders. Their insightful essays. Cough it up.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM · Report this
How many more lives could be saved by spending this same amount of money on gun safety education? How many of the people injured/killed by firearm accidents know and use the four rules?

How about $100k on drug abuse programs? Halfway houses? Feeding the homeless/poor..etc. "It will be worth it if it saves even one life"?
Posted by randoma on January 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 25
@23

OK. Go ahead. It's a free country. Ask your gun buddies to chip in.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 26
@22

Really? Owning a gun makes both your dick and your brain bigger? Are these posts supposed to impress people with the brilliance of gun owners? Or is it parody?

Next time one of the handlebar mustache guys with his gut hanging over his belt in Kitsap drops his piece in a mall I'll be sure to remember how much gun owners all "have a clue". Barney Fife fucking clowns.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn http://youtu.be/zu-akdyxpUc on January 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM · Report this
Who the fuck would trust the Seattle police department with turning in their guns? I don't OWN a gun and I wouldn't want to be near that game.
Posted by idaho on January 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM · Report this
Even though gun buybacks are merely feel-good bullshit, as a gun owner I don't have a problem with them. They certainly don't interfere with my rights.

I do plan on taking advantage of the free trigger locks, however, when the final details are in place.
Posted by CPN on January 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM · Report this