Dougsf 1
The market has spoken!
Posted by Dougsf on January 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM · Report this
You know, I know that Spike Lee hates him, accusing him of perpetuating black stereotypes, but I'd by lying if I told you that I've never laughed myself silly watching Madea movies.
Posted by floater on January 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM · Report this
Zebes 3
Ha ha ha! Twilight jokes! Jokes about Twilight! Ha ha ha ha!
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on January 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM · Report this
I don't care what anybody says, Battleship was a GREAT FUCKING FILM! It was not art film, but awesomely fun movie it was nonetheless.
Posted by scratchmaster joe on January 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM · Report this
As far as I'm concerned, the worst movie of the year was Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. What a heaping pile of shit that movie was.
Posted by Conrad McMasters on January 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM · Report this
Dougsf 6
@2 - I've never seen a Medea film, but I found myself in the position of having a few hours to kill while stuck in sleepy suburb a few weeks ago, and wouldn't you know it there's a dollar theater right there and Alex Cross is just starting.

It wasn't good—and I can't say whether the film even really accomplished its own goals or not—but Tyler Perry was surprisingly convincing in his portrayal of an average joe/flawed supercop type guy.
Posted by Dougsf on January 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 7
It's kind of low-hanging fruit, basically the movies you would expect. What I would like to see is an awards ceremony for the best performances and technical achievements in the worst movies. I was thinking about it after I saw a clip from the Super Mario movie where John Leguizamo and the female lead had to emote in front of a pile of goo. That is a seriously amazing acting achievement, and they really deserved some sort of accolade for it.
Posted by keshmeshi on January 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 8
I'm surprised Total Recall isn't up for the remake category. I regretted watching that so much.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on January 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM · Report this
Knat 9
If the films' Rotten Tomatoes score is any indication, the "Worst Film" category is a two-horse race.

The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure - 29%
Battleship - 33%
A Thousand Words - 0%
That's My Boy - 5%
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 - 48%
Posted by Knat on January 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM · Report this
Mike Force 10
Shouldn't a movie have to bomb at the box office AND be terrible to "win" a razzie? It should be universal rejection.
Posted by Mike Force http://www.autotone.net on January 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM · Report this
Free Lunch 11
Paul: that should be Piranha 3DD, which came out in 2012 and was terrible, not Piranha 3D, which came out in 2010, and was actually a pretty fun sequel.

(The double Ds in the 2012 movie apparently refer to the buxom woman on the movie poster.)
Posted by Free Lunch on January 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM · Report this