Matt the Engineer 1
Come on, Inslee. It's one little pledge. You're allowed to break one pledge every term - I think that's in the Constitution. I say up the stakes and make it an income tax.
Posted by Matt the Engineer on January 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM · Report this
I wish he would just say "Hell yeah, I'm gonna raise taxes. We need that right now." Then we'd just have to argue in favor of the RIGHT taxes instead of more of this sales tax bullshit.
Posted by tired and true on January 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM · Report this
"He still didn't answer the question," one reporter told me shortly afterward. Another reporter who asked to remain anonymous added, "He didn't answer the question. Fuck no, he didn't answer anything."

OK, we know one of these is Goldy, but do you really expect us to believe that someone else talked to you?
Posted by Sir Vic on January 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM · Report this
"I'm planning to do something" is not "I'm going to do something". The wiggle room is always intentional, and almost always indicates that they're not going to follow through on the plan.
Posted by tiktok on January 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM · Report this
fletc3her 5
What is the point of this whole line of questioning? Is Grover Norquist offering a bounty?
Posted by fletc3her on January 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM · Report this
leek 7
I sure hope he backpedals on that pledge. I wish even more that we lived in an environment where he didn't need to make it to get elected.
Posted by leek on January 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 10

He's as honest as Obama who said he wouldn't raise taxes on those making less than $250,000.

And who then promptly raised taxes by thousands on those same households...

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on January 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM · Report this
@10 -show your math
Posted by Chris Jury http://www.thebismarck.net on January 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 12
Break the pledge already. Soak the rich. Institute a birth tax of 75k on any child born to a couple making over 400k.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on January 10, 2013 at 6:20 PM · Report this