Will in Seattle 1
I like Broomhilda with Spinning Action Headchop.

Oh. Wait.
Posted by Will in Seattle on January 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 2
Selling slave dolls seems like a bad idea.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 11, 2013 at 11:52 AM · Report this
brandon 3
Are we allowing it in an ironic hipster kinda way? Cuz this feels like dangerous territory.

Black People (TM): Can we get an official verdict please?
Posted by brandon on January 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 4
Yeah, I'm with #2. Allow, but pretty fucking tasteless.
Posted by Bauhaus I on January 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM · Report this
I don't get why she was named after a late 20th-century cartoon witch rather than a mythical German princess.
Posted by paulus on January 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 7
If these were Amistad action figures, or Roots, there might be a matter of decency in question. This is an action figure from a Quentin Tarantino movie. Why is anyone surprised, and also, when can I get my Kill Bill action figures?
Posted by MacCrocodile on January 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM · Report this
Posted by Anti-m on January 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM · Report this
Beetlecat 9
@8 I dunno -- check IMDB? ;D
Posted by Beetlecat on January 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM · Report this
"Ages 17 & Up": when an action figure has this label, nothing good can possibly come of it.
Posted by bitethemailman on January 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM · Report this
Fnarf 11
@3, Actual Black Person Ta-Nehisi Coates says "meh":…
Posted by Fnarf on January 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM · Report this
keshmeshi 12

Tarantino originally named her after the cartoon character then later brought the German myth into the movie, thanks to Christoph Waltz.
Posted by keshmeshi on January 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM · Report this
#3 - oooh, yeah, this is dangerous stuff, man. Dangerous. Playing with fire here!
Posted by catsnbanjos on January 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM · Report this
@12, that's weird.
Posted by paulus on January 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM · Report this
Jaymz 15
Whiplash: First, condemned; but as @7 - hey, QT movie and all, so not surprised. And I actually LIKE the "ages 17 & up" - clever.

There is a line that can be crossed and, unfortunately, it's easy to think of examples ("noose included" comes to mind...) If these respect the characters, then OK.
Posted by Jaymz on January 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM · Report this
sirkowski 16
It's lot less offensive than a crucifix. A bloody Jewish hippy nailed to cross? And people hang them for everyone to see.

More seriously, there are deluxe Hitler and Che Guevara figurines. The social justice sallys need to take the stick out of their asses.
Posted by sirkowski on January 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM · Report this
Omg I love love love Keri Washington so fucking much I'm exstatic that I can have a doll in her likeness. Have you ever seen an interview with her? She's fucking awesome!!! I'm seriously excited about this!!! Now make one of Rosario Dawson and one of Ashley Judd.
Posted by Jersey on January 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM · Report this
This redefines "Choking Hazard".
Posted by BallardBoy on January 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM · Report this
There were action figures for Inglorious Basterds, including the Nazi's. A better question is why the screaming and shouting over this movie (and the action figures) yet no similar reaction to Inglorious? Tavis Smiley did a whole long rant on the Daily Beast stating several times that Tarintino would never had made a spoof of the Holocaust and that Hollywood would never have allowed the sacred Holocaust to be depicted in anything except a somber way. Apparently he never heard of Inglorious Bastereds, Springtime for Hitler, Seven Beauties, or Life is Beautiful.
Posted by Andrew S. on January 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM · Report this