Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 1
Constant's post wasn't really about football. Plus, the Seahawks making the post-season doesn't happen as often as the golden globes.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on January 13, 2013 at 6:23 PM · Report this
STJA 2
The Golden Globes are boring EVERY year. The Seahawks aren't!
Posted by STJA on January 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM · Report this
stinkbug 3
Blerg.
Posted by stinkbug on January 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM · Report this
stinkbug 4
@2: There have been lots of entertaining moments on this year's GG. Watching the Seahawks choke (again) is boring.
Posted by stinkbug on January 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM · Report this
emma's bee 5
Michael J Fox and Tracy Pollan have raised a lovely son.
Posted by emma's bee on January 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM · Report this
Lena's speech was nice, but what was up with her walking ability?
Posted by DawginExile on January 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM · Report this
@ 1 That was your father's seahawks not these seahawks

@ 4 Seahawks far superior to the golden globes, and they came back from down 20 before barely losing.
Posted by Seattle14 on January 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM · Report this
The what globes?
Posted by floater on January 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM · Report this
Well, Jodie Foster coming out wasn't boring.
Posted by Tehanu on January 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM · Report this
delirian 10
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are killing it. But this shouldn't surprise anyone who watches their shows. Everything else is so boring. But I am glad that Kathryn Bigelow got snubbed again for Best Director. Along with not even being nominated for the Oscar, this sets a precedent to anyone considering trying to justify torture in a movie.
Posted by delirian on January 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 11
4, it's not an either-or proposition. People could enjoy both broadcasts. You're like those facebook posts, 'Like if you enjoy puppies, ignore if you want to kill them.'

Besides, you obviously didn't watch the game.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on January 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM · Report this
MacCrocodile 12
@11 - Are you saying you like puppies, especially when you're killing them?

And here I thought I was the only one.
Posted by MacCrocodile http://maccrocodile.com/ on January 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM · Report this
And not a single post to remind people to go to or to report on the gun control rally today. FFS, guys.
Posted by rainandkale on January 13, 2013 at 8:09 PM · Report this
Reverse Polarity 14
What? Jodie Foster is a lesbian? Who knew?
Posted by Reverse Polarity on January 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM · Report this
Josh Bis 15
It seemed like maybe Jodie Foster and Kevin Costner were about to be loaded onto the White Ship to the Undying Lands at the end of the telecast, didn't it?
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on January 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 16
I had a wonderful day: made a lovely Roast Pork a la Prince Orloff, then to the Garfield Jazz Bands Winter Concert. Those youngsters are quite talented, for public school and all.
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on January 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM · Report this
Fnarf 17
It's so difficult to watch the Golden Blobs for the jokes, when they keep interrupting for speeches. Especially speeches by people who have apparently never spoken in public before. Very tiresome. I did love the James Cameron joke early on, though.

I spent my day at the Stand Up Washington gun control march, followed by some record-store shopping and then a long ramble after forgetting where the 358 goes.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on January 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM · Report this
As soon as I watched Marshawn Lynch run out of bounds inside the five with around 40 seconds left instead of staying in bounds, I thought to myself, "They're giving Matt Ryan too much time."
Posted by mshawn on January 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM · Report this
Lol, Jodie Foster addressed her sexuality again. She's so afraid to use the words gay or lesbian its almost comical. If we were on a playground I'd take to taunting her with it already. Jeez lady you're 50 stop being such an ambiguous twit.
Posted by Jersey on January 14, 2013 at 6:06 AM · Report this
Kinison 20
The only problem I had with the game (apart from the two missed opportunities for field goals) was that Atlanta also has a percussion / drum squad. So at times, it was reminding me of the Blue Thunder at the Clink. Quite honestly, they should just get rid of the Sea Gals and add more drums, because all they do is run out onto the field during TV time outs and dance like strippers.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on January 14, 2013 at 6:30 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 21
Attention hogs get our attention, again. Look at me! LOOK-AT-ME!!! Aren't I witty/beautiful/smart/rich/nicely dressed?..ad nauseam. What I want to know is who will be in the next scandal?
Posted by Pope Peabrain on January 14, 2013 at 6:37 AM · Report this
smajor82 22
@4 Not her mother's Seahawks?
Posted by smajor82 on January 14, 2013 at 7:24 AM · Report this
Fortunate 23
@14 "What? Jodie Foster is a lesbian? Who knew? "

Funny, all I thought was, "did I just hear that right? Did famous lesbian Jodi Foster just come out as an actress?"
Posted by Fortunate on January 14, 2013 at 8:40 AM · Report this