Posted by venomlash on January 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM · Report this
Except the SCOTUS ruled that the right to bear firearms is an individual right, not necessarily a right which requires "militia" service. So he's just spouting autistic, treasonous feces from his mouth.
Posted by OOF POOF on January 14, 2013 at 7:07 AM · Report this
Theodore Gorath 3
Well, people who want to shoot others so badly should not own guns.

That is for sure.
Posted by Theodore Gorath on January 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM · Report this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn 5
I was beginning to lose faith that there was anybody left with a shred of sanity. It's so good to hear a public official calmly doing is job, as required by the law and by common sense. Instead of hopping on the crazy train to loony town.

Can you imagine if this had been Arizona instead of Tennessee?

I think part of the problem is that so many of these libertardians spend all their time in an Internet bubble, getting all their advice from forum lawyers. They forget that there are real consequences because these megalomaniacs think any yahoo can be his own constitutional scholar. And they always interpret the Constitution the same way: nobody is the boss of me and I get to do and say anything I want.

Good to see reality bite them in the ass and bring them back to Earth before they go all the way off the rails.
Posted by Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn on January 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM · Report this
Michael of the Green 6
It's hard to take an apology seriously when the offending videos and later ones where he says "I don't regret anything I said!" aren't removed from his channel. Yes, he edited out the 2 seconds of him saying he would start killing people, but everything else is there. He's just covering his ass.
Posted by Michael of the Green on January 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM · Report this
sirkowski 7
Beg for it, bitch.
Posted by sirkowski on January 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 8
@5 I suspect that in Arizona, he'd have immediately been made a state senator.
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on January 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM · Report this