Theodore Gorath 1
Wow, you really think the designers would have at least said, "ok, we need at least on black guy on here for appearences at least, this is just ridiculous."
Posted by Theodore Gorath on January 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM · Report this
Kinison 2
I dont get it, is it the collage of white people on the cover or the support our troops labeling? Or is it the fact that you had to read about it, by someone else to feel offended?

The difficult thing about buy a competitor to Koch products, is that I have no idea what that company is like when I decide to spend twice as much for it.
Posted by Kinison http://www.holgatehawks.com on January 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 3
Do you know how hard it is to boycott products made by the Koch Industries? It's not just about giving up Brawny and Northern bathroom tissue. They're into a lot and they supply a lot of products used by other manufacturers. This boycott is not unlike the one against Proctor & Gamble several years ago (P&G refused to end animal testing). It wasn't about just giving up certain laundry brands. P&G had expanded into certain food items/coffee/over-the-counter cold medications.

I like Brawny towels. I like Northern tissue. But I will not willingly, knowingly give those goons another dime of my money.
Posted by Bauhaus I on January 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM · Report this
Michael of the Green 4
@1 Knowing what stages design like this go through, I guarantee that this was said more than once. In a company this big, there's no question that it was a deliberate act. And I'd bet that it wasn't just a matter of the designers not caving to a "politically correct" impulse; it was a directive, and a thumbing of the nose at... whom?
Posted by Michael of the Green on January 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM · Report this
rob! 5
Having bought Kirkland Signature for many years, at first I thought the Romney-on-steroids image was a recent innovation, but it turns out they dumped the mustachioed strawberry-blond doofus and the rampant-erection lettering years ago.
Posted by rob! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZBdUceCL5U on January 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM · Report this
Phoebe in Wallingford 6
Well, at least the commercials themselves for the Wounded Warrior Project include women and people of color.
Posted by Phoebe in Wallingford on January 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM · Report this
John Scott Tynes 7
Actually, when they retired the old mustache mascot guy they specifically chose an ambiguously biracial dude with black hair who could be caucasian or hispanic or whatever. That was a deliberate de-whitenining of their brand. Whatever you may think of the Kochs, when it comes to their consumer products they only care about one color: green.
Posted by John Scott Tynes http://www.johntynes.com/ on January 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 8
Not much whiter (nor more male) than Obama's cabinet.
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on January 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM · Report this
These guys are not only a whole lot Whiter than the actual military, they are a lot older, too.
Posted by Charlie Mas on January 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM · Report this
biffp 10
@8, a return to the trolling with the lastest Koch Bros' meme. Would you like to compare Obama's record to the last Republican President's?
Posted by biffp on January 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM · Report this
You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me 11
@10
Okay... He appointed both the first black man and the first black woman as Secretary of State. What do you got?
Posted by You_Gotta_Be_Kidding_Me on January 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM · Report this
brandon 12
They own Quilted Northern?!!??!?! Thats my brand!

Quite literally: Shit.