Savage Love Podcast Comments

Why exactly are hickeys considered juvenile? I understand how the location could be considered so, but why hickeys themselves? I hardly think of them as exclusive to high school; I love giving and receiving.
Posted by morgana on January 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM · Report this
Troy from IN 2
Just FYI, Natural Harvest is also available for the Kindle.
Posted by Troy from IN http://bipaganman.tumblr.com/ on January 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM · Report this
Same question as Morgana. Hickeys seem an odd target for such contempt.
Posted by Alec on January 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM · Report this
The lady whose husband is depressed and a demanding, annoying "sub" needs to DTMFA. She deserves a lot better.
Posted by taephoenix on January 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM · Report this
Re. cooking with sperm: "Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"
Posted by David in Siam on January 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM · Report this
I always thought that mutual masturbation was two (or more) people using their hands on themselves AND each other to get off. Right? No?
As for the woman with the "depressed" husband - I can see why he won't get treatment. His illness apparently gives him license to blow up at his wife while not tolerating an ounce of her righteous anger. DTMFA
Posted by Dr. M on January 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM · Report this
She could always get him a good ball gag...
Posted by LML on January 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM · Report this
I love the #fuckfirst rule. I also think that my other rule is eat at home. Any time you have restaurants on a major holiday inevitable the prices get jacked up and the quality goes down.

I used to do big meals for valentines but now I enjoy a post-prandial snack- wine, baguette, runny french cheese, etc.
Posted by Lilah on January 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM · Report this
It would be wrong to suggest that a guy taking a women's studies class would be the kind of nice guy that gets cheated on with more fun guys who walk around girls' places naked.
Posted by Steeeeverino on January 18, 2013 at 7:24 AM · Report this
Depression can be a huge factor in ruining a sex life. If you are dealing with the aftermath of someone's depression, there is likely to be a mountain of resentment, unpleasantness and general emotional garbage between the two of you. The kind of shit that totally kills sexual attraction. Also, the caretaker of a depressed person would normally be very protective of that person's feelings, trying to prevent them from being extremely down on themselves. Being a strong Dom in a situation like that would go against all that you are doing to try and support and encourage the depressed person. The two roles are incompatible. It sounds like the guy in this case is seriously fucked in the head, the way he bosses her around: Dominate me, Dominate me! It doesn't sound like submission comes naturally to him.

My partner and I have been together 28 years, and 19 years ago he was diagnosed with manic depression (now called bipolar disorder). It's been a roller-coaster, and there have been several times when I thought our relationship might come apart. We stopped having sex over 10 years ago, largely because of the aforementioned mountain of emotional crap brought on by caring for him. What got me through a particularly rough patch was a totally hot Dom/sub relationship I had with a fuck-buddy for many years; it was amazing, and filled my needs in so many ways, and it allowed me to stay with my partner (without which he would likely be living in a cardboard box over a heating vent). So I may not be monogamous, but nobody could say I have not been faithful to my partner.
Posted by mmmsquirt on January 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM · Report this
fannerz 11
That last caller's accent was so hot. Never thought I could be turned on by hearing talk about old come on gravestones... but the Irish can do strange things to my lady bits.
Posted by fannerz on January 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM · Report this
I try to keep an open mind. I often think that makes me an open minded person. Then every once in a while there's a call and I think "Dan's going to smack this crazy talk down" because a line must have been crossed, right? You not only answer the question with grace, but provide resources like a seaman cookbook. As much as you occasionally make a comment that grinds my gears, in those moments I can only think about how my shoe sole doesn't taste THAT bad...
Posted by Smangela on January 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM · Report this
It's a little concerning that victim blaming was not brought up on the call with the guy who was mad at his wife. Dan's advice was definitely solid, but it was missing part of the point. It's fine to assume that the women were "DTF" at first, but when she said no it meant no. If the guy is mad, he needs to be mad at everyone. The wife for being unclear, and the dude for being an asshole. It was not her fault that the guy couldn't take no for an answer, and the husband is an asshole if that is why he is mad at her.
Posted by Foxytrumpeter on January 31, 2013 at 2:00 AM · Report this
yeah. the hickey prudery is weird. (sexually adventurous)adults get them just as much as kids. hickies = uncontrolled wild sex. they usually get there by accident. sure, if they show, everyone knows... but not all hickies are about tagging your turf.
Posted by sappho on February 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM · Report this
I'm a straight woman who thinks mutual masturbation is super hot. I love cock - touching it, looking at it, anything to do with it really - and so watching my guy stroking his makes it so easy to get myself off at the same time. If the caller can relax and understand that his lady might enjoy watching him, hopefully he can feel less awkward and a lot sexier. Good luck!
Posted by sweetnsour on February 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM · Report this

We're sorry, but commenting won't be available while we switch over to the new MAGNUM version of the Lovecast. Your comments will be back up tomorrow- please come back and let us know what you think!