Urgutha Forka 1
I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find out there's a gay man performing in a musical!
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM · Report this
cressona 2
Whenever I see a picture of Jay Inslee, my first thought is, "Victor Garber's got to play the lead role in a Jay Inslee movie."

And my second thought is, "Wow, that would be one boring movie."

Big Victor Garber fan going back to his Alias days. Had no idea. Then again, my gaydar is not as highly developed as my Jewdar.
Posted by cressona on January 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM · Report this
lolorhone 3
I'm a gay man who hates musicals but I am psyched that the dude from Alias is out. And dating a really hot version of the Most Interesting Man In The World.
Posted by lolorhone on January 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM · Report this
cressona 4
Following my comment @2...

Damn me! Here I was talking up my Jewdar, and all these years Victor Garber has passed through my Jewdar too. From Wikipedia: Born in London, Ontario, Garber is of Russian Jewish descent; his parents were Joe Garber (died 1995), and wife, Hope Wolf (an actress, singer, and the host of At Home with Hope Garber).
Posted by cressona on January 15, 2013 at 2:55 PM · Report this
I'm confused, I thought he already was out.
Posted by moi on January 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM · Report this
Posted by Rob in Baltimore http://www.wishbookweb.com/ on January 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM · Report this
Bub 7
Did anyone else notice how often the cameras cut to Victor Garber at the Golden Globes?
Posted by Bub on January 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM · Report this
Teslick 8
Well, he didn't do such a great job of designing the Titantic.
Posted by Teslick on January 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 9
Next up, a certain Senator from South Carolina comes out.

Come on, we all know it ... or do you want to lose to Ashley Judd?
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM · Report this
Such a happy story.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM · Report this
LogopolisMike 11
@7 If I hadn't heard that Victor Garber was gay previously, I certainly would have thought so after Drunk Victor Garber got on state near the end of the Golden Globes. Because Drunk Victor Garber is a lot like Drunk Me...a 'bit' more flaming than the sober version.
Posted by LogopolisMike http://logopolis.typepad.com on January 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM · Report this
theseamster 12
My favorite project he's been involved with was Assassins.
Posted by theseamster on January 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM · Report this
samanthaf63 13
Nice to see a happy couple, regardless of orientation. And what an attractive pair of guys (see? you don't have to be 25 to be hot)!
Posted by samanthaf63 on January 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM · Report this
Victor Garber as Liberace, CBS 1988:

He talks about it a little here:
Posted by cgd on January 15, 2013 at 4:17 PM · Report this
Just Jeff 15
Now we know the answer to all of those "Jesus Is __________" signs that I see on the back of Metro buses.
Posted by Just Jeff on January 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM · Report this
Womyn2me 16
"Jesus is gay as Victor Garber." Now that is a sign I want to see on a bus.
Posted by Womyn2me http://http:\\www.shelleyandlaura.com on January 15, 2013 at 4:28 PM · Report this
ScienceNerd 17
@15, I always read that sign to mean "Jesus is nothing". Those mean atheists and their bus ads...
Posted by ScienceNerd http://stanichium.tumblr.com/ on January 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM · Report this
scary tyler moore 18
and, as dan well knows, he was the original anthony in 'sweeney todd'. nobody will ever top his version of 'joanna'.
Posted by scary tyler moore http://pushymcshove.blogspot.com/ on January 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 19
Victor is such a sleezy law professor though. I mean Reece Witherspoon put up with SOOOO much from him.

And yeah...his ship designs really leave a lot to be desired..as 8 said
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on January 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM · Report this
@2: I don't think it's Jewdar. It's "InJewition."
Posted by JudT on January 15, 2013 at 5:59 PM · Report this
Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In 21
You know what would be hysterical? If the Slog approached musicals like they do football, in that only those who know nothing about it mention it. You'd have things like,
Apparently there are people who sing on stage, and some of them are gay. And Christian. Or something like that. Everyone of the characters is poor. For some reason, rich people don't sing.

Some people feel it's important to waste their time watching this stuff, instead of watching sports on tv. Which is what I'll be doing, because I'm smarter than everyone else.
Posted by Some Old Nobodaddy Logged In on January 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM · Report this
OutInBumF 22
Who knew he was 1) Gay, 2) Dating the Most Interesting Man in the World and 3) played Jesus in Godspell. I always knew Godspell was Satanic and this just proves it. Thanks, Dan.
Posted by OutInBumF on January 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM · Report this
lolorhone 23
@22 You stole my joke, jerk. (@3) :)
Posted by lolorhone on January 15, 2013 at 10:00 PM · Report this
I'm going to regret posting this, but that clip is making me think about a lot of things. Unlike the Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar, the Jesus in Godspell could ONLY be played by a gay man. He was perfectly cast.

Since prehistoric times, gay men have often been the spiritual leaders of communities. Of course, in the last couple millenia they've had to do so from the closet. But now that all that's breaking up, we've lost something. Right now gay men are just looking for equal treatment and tolerance, not spiritual leadership positions, some Episcopalian ministers excepted. But maybe in my lifetime it will be back the way it should be, with gay men showing us the way.
Posted by Marrena on January 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM · Report this
As a couple they remind me of the gay couple from MTV's adaptation of the Inbetweeners (Niel's Dad). The resemblance is only in the American version.
Posted by LukeJoe on January 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM · Report this
smajor82 26
@7 - People watch the golden globes? :)
Posted by smajor82 on January 16, 2013 at 6:42 AM · Report this