So he was marking his territory. Got a problem with that? I guess since she was underage, he should've made it a henna tattoo, huh?
Posted by Mister G on January 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM · Report this
icouldliveinhope 2
The Seattle Pulp piece referred to it as the "bathing suit area." Which I think is clearer. Because yeah, near vagina relative to what?
Posted by icouldliveinhope on January 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 3
He tattooed his name on his victim? So he's creep and a dumbass. It's like the crook who tried to run from police but was wearing those shoes that light up every time you take a step.
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM · Report this
I question whether she was a "victim." She was 15 fer chrissakes, the little vixen. But the permanent tattoos went a little far, I'd have to say.
Posted by Mister G on January 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM · Report this
I think "near her vagina" is plenty of information. What, you want pictures?
Posted by bigyaz on January 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM · Report this
Matt the Engineer 6
@5 Maybe she was allowing for the possibility that he tattooed his name on someone else's arm, while she was standing right next to it. You have to watch out for Huffington's headlines.
Posted by Matt the Engineer on January 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM · Report this
#5, are you offering?
Posted by Mister G on January 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM · Report this

Sounds like he had a mental age of 14.

Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on January 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM · Report this
34x42 9
maybe he'll wise up and do it inside the vagina next time
Posted by 34x42 on January 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM · Report this
Check out his photo. Yikes! Maybe he should move to Seattle and run for mayor!
Posted by Mister G on January 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM · Report this
Gern Blanston 11
Speaking of questionable tattoos, how would you like to make love to the baseball player who has a large tattoo of his grandparents on his chest?

Posted by Gern Blanston on January 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM · Report this

#9

I got a tattoo once.

It was done in invisible ink.

Eventually I had it removed.

(And if Steven Wright or Jake Johannsen didn't say that at some time, somewhere, I'll eat my shoe!)
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on January 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM · Report this
McGee 13
Steven Wright and Jake Johannsen typically say things that are funny. So start chompin.
Posted by McGee on January 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM · Report this
Free Lunch 14
@11 - This is actually good for a portrait tattoo (which often turn out pretty awful), though it could have incorporated the nipple more creatively.
Posted by Free Lunch on January 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM · Report this
MrBaker 15
And what does "NEAR HER VAGINA" even mean?

That's actually a street, it's called "NEAR HER VAGINA", sort of the way Seattle Times headline writers say that somebody was shot in West Seattle.
Posted by MrBaker http://manywordsforrain.blogspot.com/ on January 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM · Report this
Big Sven 16
Pimps brand their girls all the time. Usually it's above the waist...
Posted by Big Sven http://onedatapoint.blogspot.com/ on January 17, 2013 at 2:06 AM · Report this
All I can think of is 'OUCH!'. I just had a new tat all over my left chest and can't imagine the pain going somewhere with even more sensitive skin...
Posted by freshnycman on January 17, 2013 at 6:50 AM · Report this
From the article:
'The victim told police that she had never revealed her true age to Rader. However, Oregon law states the fact that a "defendant did not know the child's age or... reasonably believed the child to be older than the age of 16" is not a viable defense for rape.'

I agree that adults bear some responsibility to verify that they are not attempting to have sex with people who can not give meaningful consent, but if she tricked him, that is a shitty way to become a convicted rapist.
Posted by Unfortunately For Him, He Looks The Type on January 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM · Report this
@6 "You have to watch out for Huffington's headlines."

...and their illustrations.

In the side bar, they have a set of tits that I sincerely doubt belong to Donna Lange, a 51-year-old woman from Everett, linking to that story.
Posted by Unfortunately For Him, He Looks The Type on January 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM · Report this