wisepunk 1
My turn is tonight and I cannot fucking wait.
Posted by wisepunk on January 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM · Report this
I was also there last night and had a great time. Though I'll be honest, I found myself laughing the hardest when they were simply stating facts about Mormonism.
Posted by BlagHag on January 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM · Report this
Kunst Frau 3
This production was outstanding and the whole (short) run sold out quickly. I bought STG Paramount season tickets just to get an early chance at a better seat for BOM, then was able to buy 4 more for my friends.
Posted by Kunst Frau on January 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM · Report this
stinkbug 4
I'm 0 for 5 for the ticket lottery. Meanwhile, the lottery crowds keep getting larger. Oh well.

Posted by stinkbug on January 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM · Report this
oooooh! how does it end?! does xenu get the girl?
Posted by Adrian Ryan on January 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM · Report this
chinaski 6
tonight!
Posted by chinaski on January 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM · Report this
AmyC 7
I WANT TO SEE THIS SHOW SO FUCKING BAD. It came through my city some months back, and I was all lined up to get tickets. Except the only ones available to non-season ticket holders were nearly $900 each. So, I had to pass. But, oh, man. So jealous of you guys.
Posted by AmyC on January 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM · Report this
I'm so happy for you and Jake, David! @7, let's console ourselves by remembering truly great shows always come around again to scoop up the likes of us.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM · Report this
David Schmader 9
Dear everyone who couldn't get into this run: I'm not sure about a second tour, but I know Parker/Stone are working on a film, which they're producing themselves via their new production company, and it should be a whole new sort of awesome. (I can only imagine they can spoof movie-musical tropes just as deftly as they deal with musical theater in the stage production.) (And thanks, Gus! You will love it.)
Posted by David Schmader on January 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM · Report this
@9, I'm hoping it becomes a Mamma Mia type of setup - film plus neverending high-end touring companies.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM · Report this
leek 11
Why are people surprised that they're so good at doing takeoffs of musical styles? Didn't anyone see the South Park movie? It had Disney songs, Les Miz songs, West Side Story songs...
Posted by leek on January 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM · Report this
David Schmader 12
(I'm not surprised, I'm appreciative.)
Posted by David Schmader on January 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM · Report this
Casey Nicholaw also directed Aladdin at the 5th Ave last summer
Posted by EmilySavesTheDay on January 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM · Report this
emma's bee 14
It's coming to my town in the 13/14 season. Can't wait! (and, congrats to your hubby, David, on being able to further exorcise those nasty little mormonic demons).
Posted by emma's bee on January 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM · Report this
I bought BOM tickets just to get an early chance at a better seat from Ticketsinventory.com I also have an actual Book of Mormom that I'll trade for a handy.
Posted by Jen112 on January 21, 2013 at 6:25 AM · Report this