heywhatsit!? 1
That was pretty cool. But what's with the Russian wing? It looks like they just throw their shit wherever.
Posted by heywhatsit!? on January 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM · Report this
Bauhaus I 2
Wow! She was a deft tour guide. Rather friendly and elegant as well. You wish you knew her. I don't think I could do the Space Station though. Too colorless and void of greenery for me to handle for the long term. Maybe that's why NASA has never come calling.

Sunita, call me.
Posted by Bauhaus I on January 18, 2013 at 7:42 AM · Report this
This was so interesting! Seeing the sleep-pods was probably my favorite part. Not for the claustrophobic.
Posted by MagpieParty on January 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM · Report this
Wow - thanks, Eli.

Among other things, I love that the Russians prefer to use coarse wipes. Is that a vestige of Soviet era life? A bit of nostalgia?
Posted by Jude Fawley on January 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM · Report this
Will in Seattle 5
I miss when we didn't use blow-up sections to expand the International Space Station and when America wasn't a Third World nation with no space program due to all the money being wasted on the other side of the world in wars to protect China's resource extraction using American tax dollars.

Silly me.
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM · Report this
This is the coolest thing I've seen in a very, very long time.
She will perhaps singlehandedly inspire millions of little girls and boys to pursue science.
And on top of everything else, her sheer intelligence and bravery comes off as "oh, no big deal, this is a piece of cake and so much fun."

Thanks for posting it.
Posted by Fire Chief on January 18, 2013 at 10:24 AM · Report this
In the time it took to watch that video, the International Space Station went nearly 1/3 of the way around the world.
Posted by Zeusifer on January 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM · Report this
that was SO cool. thank you Eli. i love her. i agree with everyone about her deftness, her grace and her likeability. it was a nice little getaway from planet earth.
Posted by prune on January 21, 2013 at 6:01 AM · Report this