Slog Comments


Comments (3) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Cascadian Bacon 1
Are there any photographers who can better explain how the above print was made? Does it just involve using a negative to block the light?

I am interested in the process
Posted by Cascadian Bacon on January 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM · Report this
rob! 2
Tzeachten Gas Bar, 6336 Vedder Rd, Chilliwack, BC, Canada. Still exists. In Google StreetView you can even pan/zoom (looking east-southeast from that address) and see the exact same blurry ridgeline.

Roughly 50 miles east of Vancouver and 2 miles south of the Trans-Canada Highway 1.
Posted by rob! on January 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM · Report this
rob! 3
@1, I have no specific knowledge other than seeing my childhood construction-paper artworks fade on the family fridge, but I think it would involve contact "printing" with a positive transparency on the black construction paper, exposed to daylight or UV, because light areas like sky would be nearly clear on the positive transparency and transmit more light-->more fading of the black paper.
Posted by rob! on January 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM · Report this

Add a comment

Commenting on this item is available only to registered commenters.