What about rock and music stars?

I mean, there's gotta be a lot of cases of underage girls sneaking in and going wild on a singer or the band.

I mean look at the old Beatles concert films...those weren't college girls there.
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on January 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM · Report this
Pope Peabrain 2
The Catholic Church has only ever cared about the Catholic Church. That's why I say their opposition to abortion and gay rights are meant to protect the supremacy of the church. You can't run a priesthood without men who don't want to marry. And you can't brainwash children who are never born in absurd numbers to poor families who can't afford a decent education. The Catholic Church is rightfully doomed. Now, time for prosecutions!
Posted by Pope Peabrain on January 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM · Report this
venomlash 3
@1: Riiight, because the occasional underage groupie hooking up with a musician is TOTALLY EQUIVALENT TO a powerful organized religious body deliberately protecting any of its members who RAPED YOUNG CHILDREN.
Posted by venomlash on January 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM · Report this
Back in the sixties it was understandable for people to think that child molesters could be cured. By the nineties, not so much.

I support the RC Church in all the good it does, but it would be better for justice and for the Church's future if the criminals were handed over to the law. That's what really stumps me about this: protecting child molesters isn't just bad; it's stupid.

The Church undoubtedly did a great deal of wrong. However, a policy of "let the children's families decide whether or not to report the crime" isn't outside the realm of the conscionable. Helping the guy get away to Mexico? Not so much.
Posted by DRF on January 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM · Report this
Fun Fact: Right before he was elevated to Archbishop in LA, Mahoney was the Bishop of my diocese. He laid hands on my head when I was confirmed, never knowing what an atheist feminist killjoy I would become.
Posted by Luckier on January 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM · Report this
T 6
I hate that this isn't even shocking to me anymore. I just assume that every member of the clergy is either a child rapist or a child rape apologist. Until these fucks start throwing their child-raping buddies under the bus - figuratively or literally, doesn't matter to me - they're all guilty by association and nothing they say about anything should be taken seriously.
Posted by T on January 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM · Report this
Knat 7
Let's see, in alphabetical order: abetting, conspiring, child endangerment, obstruction of justice, rape. No doubt someone with any sort of legal training would make a much longer list.

@1: Ted Nugent would be the first one you'd like to see locked up, right?
Posted by Knat on January 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM · Report this
Purocuyu 8
If anything like an Indictment comes down the pike, the Super-most extra-reverend Mahoney will likely be called to the vatican the day before it happens, and will simply stay there.
Posted by Purocuyu http://littlevictorygarden.tumblr.com on January 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM · Report this
Any policy that does not condemn rape but does condemn birth control and abortion is basically a forced breeding program.
Posted by Proteus on January 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM · Report this
Sir Vic 10
@6 That is why I've come to the conclusion that the orders to obstruct justice are coming from the top - from Joey Ratz the nazi pope. He's willing to let the whole thing go down in flames rather than let anyone have access to the truth. What does he, personally, have to hide?
Posted by Sir Vic on January 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM · Report this
McGee 11
@1 Yeas as @7 said, the only rock star that can be empirically proved to have fucked an under age girl is conservative jack-off Sweaty Teddy Nugent.
Posted by McGee on January 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM · Report this
Ack, thought for sure this was a reference to the Big O taking off his corporate clown suit and starting to actually prosecute the bank and mortgage sharks who destroyed millions of lives. Guess I'll have to console myself with the fact that a few pervs are now in the hot seat.

Why am I not surprised?
Posted by Billy Chav on January 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM · Report this
Indictments are handed up, (from the grand jury to the judge on his bench) not down.
Posted by BVG on January 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM · Report this