dnt trust me 1
Everyday I come up with ideas, and 20-40 minutes later I file them in my Worst Ideas Ever box. Unfortunately some of the ideas make their way onto Slog during the incubation stage. From what I gather, this happens to many other commenters.
Posted by dnt trust me on January 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM · Report this
Knat 2
If anyone wants to put a stop to the deal, all they have to do is make reference to the NYT's nickname of "the Grey Lady." Everyone knows what an aversion Trump has to those.
Posted by Knat on January 23, 2013 at 6:50 PM · Report this
This is just Trump jerking it while blogs supply the only lube that really works for him.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM · Report this
So I'm guessing another season of Celebrity Apprentice is upon us? Chump must have figured out no one gives a shit about Obama's grades in pre-school and since he one election, he might as well move on from his last attempt at attention. Fucking idiot.
Posted by hal on January 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 5
The Grey Lady sucked up to Bush after 9/11 just like everybody else. We went to war in Iraq because of the false reporting in newspapers like the NYT.

Which makes the Times little better than a tabloid. Worse even. Hey, at least the National Enquirer was willing to investigate a Presidential candidate rather than cower in the corner the way NYT did to Bush.

Fuck the Grey Lady. It's a joke. Let Trump have it, it couldn't get any worse.
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on January 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM · Report this
Can't wait to see Paul Krugman on The Apprentice!
Posted by Jin Seattle on January 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM · Report this
@5, perhaps you don't understand the language used in the NYT. It's a bit more complex than People.
Posted by sarah70 on January 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 8

Bullshit, no matter how eloquently expressed, is bullshit nonetheless.

People: Teen idol Miley Cyrus says disagreeing with President Bush means you're not a real American. Plus, exclusive photos of Sarah Palin's red-white-and-blue dyed pubic hair from an exclusive photo shoot taken during a moose hunt!

NYT: In this time of great turmoil, it is every American's moral duty to stand behind our august leader President Bush. Sarah Palin reports on how you can be a better American hero by opposing the horrors of same-sex marriage performed by Muslims.

In the end, it's all the same bullshit, no matter what grade level the target audience reads at.
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on January 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM · Report this
dnt trust me 9
Commenter 7 is an excellent example of what I was talking about @1. Thank you sarah70, you are always so ever dependable.
Posted by dnt trust me on January 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM · Report this
fletc3her 10
While I agree the NYT lost much of their credibility during the Bush administration, it would still be sad to have them become a part of the Fox empire.
Posted by fletc3her on January 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM · Report this
Tacoma Traveler 11
10,

Much of? No. All.
Posted by Tacoma Traveler on January 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM · Report this
D'you suppose he'd turf the crosswords? That's all I care about. Well, that and Amanda Hesser and sometimes Tara Parker-Pope.
Posted by What's black and white and square all over? on January 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM · Report this
Christampa 13
@11 - Does Dan Savage have any credibility left?
Posted by Christampa on January 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM · Report this
Urgutha Forka 14
So is Trump more William Randolph Hearst or Charles Foster Kane?
Posted by Urgutha Forka on January 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM · Report this
sperifera 15
@13 @ Yeah, he has all the credibility in the world. Except in Tampa, because, well, you know. Florida.....

Get over it.
Posted by sperifera on January 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM · Report this
Christampa 16
You've misread me.
Posted by Christampa on January 24, 2013 at 1:52 AM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 17
How did Dan Savage come up? Well, if Trump buys the NYT...well at least I can find an expense to cut out of my monthly budget of $19.99 a month for my iPad subscription to that paper..
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on January 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM · Report this