One of the perks of working for the Stranger. Not being fired for the occasional pot brownie snack. At my office, we get the joy of random drug testing, with the threat of being fired for having pot show up in our system. Because driving a computer the day after smoking a joint is dangerous.

Enjoy your high Goldy. Have a brownie for me too while you are at it.
Posted by SeattleKim on January 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM · Report this
I need a better job!

Posted by gnarly on January 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM · Report this
My office just stocked up on Milk of Magnesia so we're having a little Dorli Rainey lookalike contest.
Posted by gloomy gus on January 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM · Report this
booooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggggg.where the fuck is the real rob mckenna? i aint seen him in a while. ill bet he smokes some weed now too. oh wait, i mean don't do that rob. forget you read that part there.
Posted by tim koch on January 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM · Report this
Cato the Younger Younger 5
why do pot brownies look so sloppy? I mean can we have some really good looking and tasty pot treats?
Posted by Cato the Younger Younger on January 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM · Report this
Posted by tim koch on January 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM · Report this
well thats an informative article right there. pbdx1
Posted by tim koch on January 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM · Report this
Goldy 8
@1 To be perfectly honest, I can feel my face. Last time I tried pot was a dozen years ago, and I didn't like it. Made my heart race.
Posted by Goldy on January 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM · Report this
@8, well at least you won't get fired if you choose to try it again.
Posted by SeattleKim on January 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM · Report this
@5, I don't know what you're talking about, that's a delicious looking brownie. The only perfectly uniform looking brownies are tasteless store-bought brownies.
Posted by muon1183 http://hep.itp.tuwien.ac.at/~mgary/ on January 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM · Report this
Catalina Vel-DuRay 11
I don't engage in the marijuana anymore, being a dutiful municipal handmaiden who drives city vehicles and is subject to random testing, but I have always loved the smell of it. And I'm smelling a whole lot of marijuana on the streets of downtown recently.

Just this morning, I hitched a ride with Mr. Vel-DuRay, who is on jury duty. We pulled into one of those surface lots down by Chinatown, and this very well-dressed businesswoman in the car next to us was smoking a joint!
Posted by Catalina Vel-DuRay http://www.danlangdon.com on January 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM · Report this
Maybe The Slog is really fast today and it just seems slow ... didja think of that? Or is it the other way around ... did that think of you?
Posted by RonK, Seattle on January 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM · Report this
Matt the Engineer 13
This seems to be happening a lot. I look forward to the Stranger episode with the fractal cover filled with unintelligable reviews of cult movies and snack food.

Not that most readers could tell anything was different.
Posted by Matt the Engineer on January 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM · Report this
Womyn2me 14
oh, what a brilliant idea @13. I want a Stranger produced, edited and written entirely by high people.
Posted by Womyn2me http://http:\\www.shelleyandlaura.com on January 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM · Report this
ScrawnyKayaker 15
@14 "There was one?"
Posted by ScrawnyKayaker on January 25, 2013 at 3:32 AM · Report this
Those look well made. Does this perk come with being a intern at the Stranger as well?
Posted by michael bell on January 25, 2013 at 3:42 AM · Report this