Line Out Comments

Emily Nokes 1
CHIIIIIIIIIII PEPPPPPPPPSSSS!!!!!!
Posted by Emily Nokes on January 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM · Report this
yos-wa 2
more bands i'd like to see than in previous years.....however, fuck festivals.
Posted by yos-wa on January 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM · Report this
Josh Bis 3
"Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra" is apparently not just a fake band name they made up to see if people were reading all of the fine print.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on January 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 4
This one is HURTIN
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on January 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM · Report this
Megan Seling 5
What the fuck are the Descendants doing there?
Posted by Megan Seling on January 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM · Report this
care bear 6
Jesus Christ, that is expensive.
Posted by care bear on January 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM · Report this
very bad homo 7
New Order have broken up and reunited yet again!
But screw festivals, how many of these bands will make it to Seattle? (And I don't mean for Sasquatch...)
Posted by very bad homo on January 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM · Report this
Teenage Kelly: "Ooh, The Violent Femmes!"
College Kelly: "Richie Hawtin... and Nick Cave!"
2012 Kelly: "Danny Brown!!!!"
2013 Kelly: "I am not paying $434 to sleep in a parking lot, so I can stand in the same audience as Paris Hilton."
Posted by Kelly O on January 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM · Report this
Josh Bis 9
I guess that tickets -- which include all of the fees -- are a bit more expensive than things like Sasquatch? Which is admittedly both a smaller festival that lasts a day longer. Still, I'm delighting in all of the small print mini-fests on this poster.

I haven't camped at Coachella since my first year, when there wasn't even any car camping allowed, so I have no idea what that experience is like these days.
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on January 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM · Report this
Josh Bis 10
(It's not-exactly my Rushmore, but I do acknowledge that I'm a confirmed Coachella apologist.)
Posted by Josh Bis http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Author.html?oid=3815563 on January 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM · Report this
Rabid Child Images 11
@5 i think you mean descendents. i saw an interview with milo saying that he can't get time away from his work so he has to use his vacation and sick days to play one off shows. so it's not that surprising. i would love to see them in a club but man i hate festivals. and i'm not rich....i'm just glad they're playing again. if they play sasquach i might consider going just because it may be my only chance to see them.
Posted by Rabid Child Images http://flickr.com/photos/rabidchildimages/sets on January 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM · Report this
@3 Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra is an amazing, wonderful band that very rarely makes it to the US. Easily the most exciting band of the festival for me.
Posted by libblerabble on January 26, 2013 at 4:34 AM · Report this
Kathy Fennessy 13
Definitely a rich-person festival. I'd rather go to Barcelona's Primavera Sound or this year's UK-based ATP (and they aren't cheap either).
Posted by Kathy Fennessy http://kathleencfennessy.blogspot.com/ on January 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM · Report this
Simone 14
Holy Sea Crabs that's a lot of money (not including airfare or car travel cost). I'd rather purchase a travel package for Icelandic Airwaves for a little more money.
Posted by Simone on January 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM · Report this